cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TL_Midnight
Constellation

DW80M2020US - loud noise as soon as dishwasher starts

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi. I have the dishwasher in the title,  several months ago i posted this issue and a service tech was dispatched.   He replaced the vent actuator or the vent fan (i forget which,  very small part) and the issue was resolved up until about 3 weeks ago.   The sound has started back up and i believe it's just failed again.   The dishwasher is now quite loud and i could use some help again.  Thanks! 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TL_Midnight
Constellation

Re: DW80M2020US - loud noise as soon as dishwasher starts

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, The issue was reolved by Unique Repair services with the vent valve replacement.  For your tracking purposes this dishwasher has required two replacements of this part in under a year.  I'm wondering how frequently this part might be a problem.  Thank you for sending Unique to correct this.

13 REPLIES 13
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I have your serial number via private message?

TL_Midnight
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, The issue was reolved by Unique Repair services with the vent valve replacement.  For your tracking purposes this dishwasher has required two replacements of this part in under a year.  I'm wondering how frequently this part might be a problem.  Thank you for sending Unique to correct this.

user2mFndPkUaP
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've got this same issue in my DW80M2020US dishwasher. The service tech that came for repairs told me that the necessary part was no longer available. 

@SamsungLarry @SamsungJam - Can you confirm, or offer any option for repair?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please send a private message with any ticket numbers you may have. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

userzFDcie5VG4
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem with my samsung dishwasher which is less than 2 years old.  Fan assembly was replaced when it was about 3 months old and problem started again in about another 3 months.  I've been living with an ever increasingly noisy dishwasher ever since.  If there is ever a real fix, I'd like to know.  I'm very disappointed with samsung products.  I also have a refrigerator with a known problem - fix requires defrosting periodically.  I thought these were modern appliances.  I remember my mom defrosting her refrigerator.  Haven't had to do it myself until now!

userBb1W1tkj1X
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I’m having the same issue. Very little water at start up, followed by loud almost grinding type sounds when in operation. 

Please Advise? 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would be happy to investigate. Can you please send a private message here: http://bit.ly/2Kq3B5F with the full model and serial numbers of the unit?

user2I1L6k1s23
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi SamsungLarry,

I'm having the same problem. My washer came with when I bought my house and is out of warranty. How can I get a replacement vent fan or have this serviced?

Thanks.

JP

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I have your full model code and serial number via private message?