cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Astronaut

DW80R9950US dishwasher linear drive replacement parts

I purchased a DW80R9950US dishwasher and within about 9 months it began acting up. I called Samsung and got no where. At 53 weeks from purchase, the dishwasher stopped working completely. 

Samsung refused to honor their warranty. This will be the last Samsung product I purchase.

Now, I sit here with a $900 dishwasher that does not work. I am trying to locate a source to purchase the linear drive component to fix this dishwasher. 

None of the online stores have parts for this dishwasher. It's not that the parts are out of stock, they do not even list them on their sites.

Can someone point me to the location of an online store to purchase parts for the DW80R9950US?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: DW80R9950US dishwasher linear drive replacement parts

My sincerest apologies for the frustration and inconvenience this has caused. You stated that the unit stopped working completely, what exactly do you mean? Does the unit not power on? Does the unit power on but it doesn't start a cycle? Does the unit display any error codes?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Constellation

Re: DW80R9950US dishwasher linear drive replacement parts

I share your frustration.  I purchased DW80R9950UG about 6 months ago and dishes on the bottom rack would not clean properly.   We purchased through Costco so went thru them for service and they sent out a Samsung repair person.   It turned out the linear wash arm on the bottom of the dishwasher became disconnected from the rail.  He repaired it and the bottom rack dishes began getting clean again.   About one week ago, the same issue happened.   I researched on YouTube and some DIY people are saying it's a magnet on the linear wash arm that isn't strong enough to keep it attached to the rail.   We called Costco again who called Samsung.  The samsung rep says that this part isn't under warranty.   Very frustrating!!!  6 months and a critical part fails.    I am worried that this part is going to fail frequently given what I've seen from customer reviews.  We are also going to try to find a place to purchase a replacement part since the only other option is to purchase a new dishwasher.   Terrible quality in this product.