cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Defective frozen ice maker in my $3000 Samsung fridge

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I purchase a samsung RF23M8070SR French door refrigerator for over $3,000 in December of 2017.  Starting in February of this year, the ice maker began freezing up so that no ice would be made and I couldn't remove the ice tray to even defrost the ice maker because it was frozen shut.  I have to defrost the entire ice maker with a hair dryer at least once every two months because this happens repeatedly.  I understand a class action lawsuit is in process over this very issue and includes this model.  As an attorney and a customer, I expected more from Samsung than this defective piece of s**t that apparently there is no fix for according to all the posts on this community and the internet in general. Samsung, I hope you see this and find a way to make this right. I will be contacting you.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Defective frozen ice maker in my $3000 Samsung fridge

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am sorry to hear about this. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link, and I will look in to this.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There is a 150 page+ thread on this that might be of help if you haven't seen it....

I have the same problem.....

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Kitchen-and-Family-Hub/Ice-Maker-Keeps-Freezing/td-p/908107/page...

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had this fridge for less than a year and just encountered the same problem. Ridiculous! Found the answer on this forum. I did a search for "forced defrost" after learning about this option on Google/YouTube. It is not found in the User Manual which is also ridiculous. I had to do this 2-3 times but it finally loosened up enough for me to pull the ice maker out:

userCLWjDJh1Wx

userCLWjDJh1Wx
Constellation
Re: RF23M8070SR Force Defrost

This worked for me on model #rf23m8090sr with the "table top" control panel. Simultaneously hold Freezer and Control Lock buttons. After several seconds, the control panel will blink. While it is blinking, press the Control Lock button once and the panel will go blank. Press the Control Lock button repeatedly until the letters on the left of the panel read "fd". This will start the defrost process. The panel will beep while it is in process. Mine took about 30 minutes and I had to do it twice before the ice tray could be removed. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How can I find out if my, refigerator is included on this list class acttion law suit. We paid almost $3000 for ours, we have used the hair dryer so often part of the plastic is melted and we can not longer even get the bin in. It is freezing all the way in the back right hand corner, their is ice formed running down into the bin. Please let me know of any information that would help. I cannot even get anyone in Samsung to talk to me. I cannot even find the part number for the bin. RF22KREDBSG1AA is not listed in the models for the fridge when checking for the part number for the bin. Not sure I want to even by another if this continues to happen. I would appreciate any help you can offer. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please let me know how I can get in on the class action lawsuit for the fridges. I also paid over $3000 for my Samsung fridge. I have a bigger issue as the forced defrost does not work. The ice maker is a lost cause as it just keeps freezing up. However, better check the temperature in your fridge. I have food that is going bad between the $700 repair bills. The temperature is not correct on the front of the fridge. My 34 degree fahrenheit reading for the fridge is the thermometer stuck in the ice. The actual reading in the fridge is 47 degrees. I have milk, meats, and veggies going bad and have to throw them out. Someone is going to get food poisoning from their lack of accountability by doing a recall. I bought the whole suite of kitchen appliances (dishwasher, and stovetop oven. They need to stick with tvs and phones cause at least they can't kill anyone with them. Contact me for the class action lawsuit. I want in!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am sorry to hear about this. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link, and I will look in to this.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

ive been dealing with ther exact same issues for 1 year on and off now from a $3000 samsung fridge purchashed in 2017.  not only is my ice maker stopped working ...now my freezer has stopped working. tried about everything online and youtube with no success. so fustrating when you pay top $ and it last 3 years.