cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Difference between Convection Bake and Convection Roast

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Flex Duo NE59J7850 electric range.  What is the difference between using the top oven's convection bake and convection roast?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Difference between Convection Bake and Convection Roast

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, you are indeed correct. Apologies for my confusion before. The oven operates the same way using Convection Bake and Convection Roast when in Twin Mode using the Upper Oven only. And you are also correct that this is not true convection. The only way to get the true convection is using the whole oven without the partition on Convection Bake. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The Convection Roast feature only makes use of the single or upper oven, whereas the Convection Bake makes use of all sections of the oven. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Let me clarify.  If the partition is in, what is the difference between using the C. Bake on the left (Upper Oven) side and the C. Roast (Upper Oven side)?  According to the manual, C. Roast uses the top heating element with the convection fan circulating the heated air.  (Looking inside the oven, only the top fan is running in twin mode.)

The manual (from what I can find) was not clear on how it operates (in Twin Mode Upper Oven) when using C. Bake.  It just states it circulates heated air.  Doesn't say what element heats that air. There is an element behind the Lower Oven fan... true convection; but there is no element behind the Upper Oven fan... convectional radiant by one element, I'm assuming from the top element?

So, am I correct in understanding the oven operates the same way using C. Bake (not true convection, though) and C. Roast when in Twin Mode using the Upper Oven?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, you are indeed correct. Apologies for my confusion before. The oven operates the same way using Convection Bake and Convection Roast when in Twin Mode using the Upper Oven only. And you are also correct that this is not true convection. The only way to get the true convection is using the whole oven without the partition on Convection Bake. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for the informative reply.  I'm trying to understand the different features of this oven.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The manual is so confusing as is using this duo flex feature.  I put 6 pcs of chicken legs & thighs  into the oven (without the divider), set it for roast at 350 degrees and an hour later the chicken was still pale.  Turned temp up to 400 on broil and finally the chicken browned.  

What exactly are the settings and differences between bake, roast, with and without the divider.  The manual is a total waste of ink, so imcomprehensible. 

Please help.  Thank you.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you are using the divider, I recommend using the bottom rack of your range. At the top of the range for Convection Roast, may seem an uneven heat since the heating element is only coming from the top. If you have using the divider, there is a heating element in the bottom of the divider and the bottom of the over. So you should benefit more using the bottom of the oven. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If the bottom is better for roasting why is the convection roast at the top? Would recommend Samsung rewrite their Manuel. It truly is useless and confusing. 

Also, if you are roasting something that is normally baked at 350 degrees how do you Adapt for convection. And do the adaptations apply to both upper and lower oven? 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just to be sure: 

1.  If I use Convection Roast for the without the parition, I am not getting true convection?

2. If I am using Convection Bake in the Bottom Oven (with partition ofcourse), I am not getting true convection?

3. When do you recommend using convection Roast (without partition)?

4. What is the best setting for the Top Oven: Convection Roast or Convection Bake or other ...?