cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bellawaves
Astronaut

Dishwasher DW80J7550UG Error Code 7C

I'd really appreciate any help! Smiley Happy

My Samsung dishwasher DW80J7550UG has been working great for years. But now I've tried multiple times and it won't even begin a cycle...

I select a cycle as usual, press Start, close the door. It makes a sort of grinding noise, I hear the drain running, grinding noise continues awhile, sometimes sounds as if the water is about to start (maybe??)... then all stops, light flashes, bings 3 times. The lights and bings continue periodically until I open it, then I cancel the cycle. I did notice after one of my multiple tries to start it, that the water wall arm was at the front when I opened the door, and after another try it had returned to the back.

I got it to display the Error Code: 7C. According to the service manual, 3 possible causes: Motor Gear out of order, Sensor Vane out of order, when the vane is blocked.

Is it most likely the sensor? The sensor is a cheaper replacement than the motor. Smiley Happy Where would I check for "vane is blocked"? The water wall arm in the bottom isn't blocked.

Thanks so much!!

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Dishwasher DW80J7550UG Error Code 7C

Hey! Thank you for reaching out, could you send me a private message with your full model and serial number?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userE0AlsY4o9n
Constellation

Mine is doing the exact same thing with code 7c.  What is this?  My manual doesn't even show a code 7c.

userpw6SPelt5p
Constellation

Same deal here, 7C,  Waterwall is fine.  

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Could you send me a private message with your full model and serial number? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.