Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Dishwasher DW80J7550UG Error Code 7C

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'd really appreciate any help! Smiley Happy

My Samsung dishwasher DW80J7550UG has been working great for years. But now I've tried multiple times and it won't even begin a cycle...

I select a cycle as usual, press Start, close the door. It makes a sort of grinding noise, I hear the drain running, grinding noise continues awhile, sometimes sounds as if the water is about to start (maybe??)... then all stops, light flashes, bings 3 times. The lights and bings continue periodically until I open it, then I cancel the cycle. I did notice after one of my multiple tries to start it, that the water wall arm was at the front when I opened the door, and after another try it had returned to the back.

I got it to display the Error Code: 7C. According to the service manual, 3 possible causes: Motor Gear out of order, Sensor Vane out of order, when the vane is blocked.

Is it most likely the sensor? The sensor is a cheaper replacement than the motor. Smiley Happy Where would I check for "vane is blocked"? The water wall arm in the bottom isn't blocked.

Thanks so much!!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Dishwasher DW80J7550UG Error Code 7C

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey! Thank you for reaching out, could you send me a private message with your full model and serial number?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey! Thank you for reaching out, could you send me a private message with your full model and serial number?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine is doing the exact same thing with code 7c.  What is this?  My manual doesn't even show a code 7c.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem, 7C.  I repositioned the vane and there is no blockage however there is a rumbling when dishwasher first starts up like arm is struggling moving (but I may have that wrong).  Is replacing the magnet something that should be tried before I head straight to replacing motor?  I sure would appreciate some help.  I've already paid over $500 in repairs on this dishwasher for a faulty gasket around oor (a known problem!) and just recently a clogged drain, some little drain that is nestled on the side of the unit.  I'm getting upset with Samsung.  NOT TO MENTION, the $500 I had to pay to have ice make replaced in Samsung refrigerator (another known and well-documented problem) ... sorry, I'm ranting.  If someone could please help me to figure out if I can fix this without calling service I would appreciate.  Unit is no longer under warranty.  Model # is DW80M9960US.  Thank you.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same deal here, 7C,  Waterwall is fine.  

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send me a private message with your full model and serial number? 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue.  Had to do an error code check and got code 7C.  What is the procedure to remedy this?  Waterwall does not move.   Did you get a fix recommendation?

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue. What it the solution? 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are having same issue with this dishwasher!  Starts up, hear grinding like noises than it just stops within about 15 seconds. Bings, but no error codes given. I have taken Out filter and completely cleaned it and have powered down and unplugged but continues to do the same thing. No water is noted on the inside on startup when door is opened back up. Also we have a expensive Samsung Fridge model RF22m9581SR/AA whose ICE maker is absolutely a piece of junk. Just freezes the water and makes a huge frozen ball of mess ice I have to break off with an ice pick. We have had the Fridge for 2.5 years and it has never worked well. I will never buy another Samsung kitchen product if this is there expected reliability is only 2 years.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How long have you had the dishwasher? After those steps have you tried to power cycle the unit to see if the error code goes away? Please feel free to send me a private message with your full serial number. http://bit.ly/2tCGnGK