JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Dishwasher DW80M9550US buzz/hum noise during wash cycle.

(Topic created: 11-09-2020 08:33 PM)
CYbold
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My 2 year old dishwasher DW80M9550US buzzes/hums during wash cycle.  The noise cycles on/off about every 10 sec or so.  Could this be associated to the Waterwall, when it is moving forward/rearward?  See attached video for noise.  https://youtu.be/ys5NsiOviCk 

6 Replies
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I'm sorry to hear that, the sound that it is making has it always occurred? Also is the water wall able to move freely? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
CYbold
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

The noise was not there when the dishwasher was new - it was very quiet and didn't even know when it was running.  I would estimate the noise started 6-12mo after being new.  From what i can tell the water wall is still moving.  I can manually move it (some resistance, which i assume is the motor/drive).  I inspected the position of water wall before and after cycle and it was in different location.

Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Loud humming, buzzing, or grinding noises imply that something is caught in the drain pump's impeller below the filter.

1. Inspect the drain filter and pump (applicable models only).
    • If your model allows for it, inspect and clean out the filter and drain pump opening under the filter.
    • If your filter and drain pump opening are not accessible, but the grinding/buzzing is loud and happens every cycle, this will require service. 
  2. Check the water supply.
    • Make sure it is connected to the dishwasher.
    • Make sure the home's water supply is turned on.
    • Verify it meets all requirements listed in the guide for water supply requirements.
  3. Make sure the dishwasher cabinet insulation (the fabric on the outside of the dishwasher) is in good condition. It is there to dampen sound and hold in heat.

If this does not help then service will be required, depending on the warranty of the unit you do have a couple of options.

If the unit is in warranty you can send me or any of the other moderators a private message with your full model and serial number and we can get that set up for you.

Or if your unit is out of warranty you can use the link below to find a service center in your area. 

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userkvxgviTUTE
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My 2 years old Waterwall dishwasher does exactly the same noise as in the attached video. What was the problem ? There was really something stuck into the drain's pump impeller ? How did you solve It ?

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
CYbold
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I haven't done anything about it; I'm just living with the annoying noise.

userkvxgviTUTE
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Thank you for the information.

Putting a camera inside while washing i discovered that the noise is caused by the reflector when moving towards the door.

Every time i run the dishwasher, hearing the annoying noise i'll think of you. Smiley LOL

0 Likes