cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Dishwasher DW80M9960US/AA Smart Control not Working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just bought this dishwasher and it works grea except for the Smart control. I already have the app on phone since I have Induction oven that's working great with the app. When I held the Smart Control button down to activate App , the app found the dishwasher and connected to it , showed options for wifi networks (which I chose) but, it never asked for wifi password and said it was connected had the wifi symbol on machine. Only problem Smart Control button not staying lit and showing offline when I try to control with smartphone. Until I press the power button on machine I can't do anything and then all I can do is send program to dishwasher and press start button manually.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Dishwasher DW80M9960US/AA Smart Control not Working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recommend reaching out to our Smartthings Department at 1-800-Samsung concerning this.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recommend reaching out to our Smartthings Department at 1-800-Samsung concerning this.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Called the number and got the help I needed eventually,the regular rep was helpful and friendly and tried to help, then he transferred me to SmartThings Dishwasher rep and he was extremely helpful and patient with me. He helped me to understand how the dishwasher ST program actually worked on this appliance vs the induction range I have. I actually enjoyed talking with him.

Thanks Samsung......

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You are so welcome. Feel free to reach back out to us if you have any questions or concerns in the future Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you please take a few moments to share what you learned in speaking to the representative.  I'm having the exact same issue and have been unable to get any resolution.  Once the power shuts off / the dishwasher is no longer Wifi enabled and thus, becomes unresponsive via the APP, unlike the range and refridgerator.  Thanks so much.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is true unlike the the range where the wifi symbol stays lit. I have noticed on this dishwasher the wifi only becomes active when we turn the power on. Don't know how correct the info is I recieved but was told and seems that it works--- after powering on DW and setting your desired wash press smart control on panel then press start and close door quickly. On phone App press pause to see if working by phone, then resume thru phone app to restart.. According to Rep, this is how this works, it is designed to work after we start it manually, so far mine has worked fine and Smart Control stays lit throughout cycle.

If I can help anymore I will try or do as I did can the SmartThings folks at 1800-Samsung and get them to put you to the Smart Things dishwasher people.

Best wishes 2 you .........