Original topic:

Dishwasher DW80R9950US - Door leaking

(Topic created on: 2/9/21 9:31 PM)
userPHmQqd0eWE
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I've purchased the dishwasher on 1/8/2021.

The machine started to leak the first time I used it. It leaked at the bottom of the door, roughly in the middle.

I've tested this multiple times and shared photos with Samsung Support. The support setup an appointment with their service provider (Service Quick). I had to wait one week for an appointment.

In this week, they canceled and rescheduled multiple times. I had to call them again to resolve the confusion. Eventually, two technicians showed up and their solution was to tilt the machine to the back by lifting the front feet. They claimed they tested and that the issue has been fixed.

After the technicians left, I tested the machine and again mid-cycle it started to leak from the same spot. In addition to that, the machine is tilted, so it's not aligned with anything in the kitchen.

I called the support again, and they setup another appointment after 5 days. At that time another technician showed up, inspected the machine and said they need to order parts and come again. They scheduled a new appointment five days from now. I hope that the next person will be more knowledgeable, but based on their phone support and technicians, I am not expecting a lot.

The support is refusing to acknowledge that there is an issue with the unit and they are claiming that Samsung is a repair company. This gives them the right to try to fix the unit as many times as they want (even though they send technicians without tools, equipment, and even worse, no knowledge).

This has been a horrible experience -- we paid ~$900 for a new machine which flooded our kitchen every times when we tried to use it. We have it for a month and it's just been creating problems and Samsung is not able to fix it.

Samsung's support literally told me that the don't care that I cannot use the machine for one month. This is absolutely ridiculous -- their warranty is 12 months and they spent 1 month trying to fix a new machine that was delivered broken!

The most unprofessional customer support and technical service I ever experienced in the US.

TL;DR

Absolutely horrible experience: Samsung produced a lemon and is not willing to fix it properly. I will never purchase anything from Samsung again.

0 Likes
2 Replies
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I apologize for the inconvenience and would be happy to look into this further.  Could you send me a private message with any transaction numbers that you may have?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userPHmQqd0eWE
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

The door was eventually replaced.

We have not observed any leaks over the past couple weeks.

However, things are not ideal:

1) Control through SmartThings does not work as initially. It only works if I start the machine manually and press "Smart Control" just before closing the door. This was more reliable when I set up the machine initially (with the original door)

2) Light for WiFi does not look like WiFi. Originally, WiFi status was indicated right of the clock on the door with a standard WiFi symbol, so something like here

https://image-us.samsung.com/SamsungUS/home/home-appliances/dishwashers/rotary/pd/dw80r9950us-aa/gal...

Please check left of "Delay Start"

The new door has a different symbol, which looks like two arrows in a circle and not like a WiFi symbol.

Overall, I am happy that I can use the machine and there are no leaks for now.

The machine is very quiet, which is great. I hope it will work for a couple years.

However, I will likely not recommend Samsung's products. I purchased a new machine which started to leak virtually immediately. It took Samsung multiple weeks and 3 visits to fix it. Nobody ever apologized for not being able to use the machine for multiple weeks. Finally, technicians that Samsung sent for the first visit were virtually unqualified to do any repair and they messed things up even more.

Overall: :thumbs_down:

0 Likes