JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Dishwasher Flashing / beeping LC

(Topic created on: 1/17/21 6:07 AM)
userUtB7rsFl16
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My dishwasher will not stop beeping and flashing LC  I have disconnected the power I have power it off

I have turned off the breaker and it just keeps beeping and flashing

samsiing DW 80K7050

9 Replies
Solution
SamsungBri
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

LC error code means the dishwasher's leak sensor detects moisture or the water reflector is blocked (Waterwall models only). When this code occurs, the dishwasher will turn itself on and will not turn off. During this time it will attempt to drain the water away.

If you see a leak, try the following:

• Run a cycle to help find the source of the leak.
    • The fastest way to find the source of the leak is to look and feel for moisture, but the moisture will only be there right after a leak occurs.
  • Inspect the water supply hose.
    • When inspecting, look and feel for moisture, damage, loose connections, or gaps between the assembled parts. Make sure to inspect:

• Where the hose connects to the dishwasher

• Where the hose connects to your home

• The entire length of the hose

• If it's the source of the leak, chances are you can reinstall it to seal up any gaps or loose connections. If that doesn't work, you can just replace the hose.

• We recommend a 3/8" stainless steel hose since plastic hoses are more prone to leaks. You can buy a new hose from a local hardware store or at samsungparts.com.

• Inspect the drain hose as well.

• Inspect the rubber seal.

• Sometimes the rubber seal can get pushed out of alignment. If this happens, just push it back into the channel.

• It's also important that the seal is very clean. Any foreign material on the seal could potentially create a gap big enough for water to leak out. A towel with mild soap is a good way to clean it off.

• Only use dishwasher detergent, not dish soap.

• If you notice an excessive amount of suds when you open the door, you may be using the wrong kind of detergent. Pay close attention to the type of detergent on the label: dishwasher detergent is made for dishwashers, and dishwashing liquid (or dish soap) is intended for handwashing.

• Level your dishwasher. (see link below)

• If the dishwasher is not level left to right, the door could be bumping the cabinets on either side, preventing it from closing completely.

• If the dishwasher is not level front to back, and especially if the front is lower than the back, water will pool up at the door and potentially leak out.

• https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00080768/

• Verify the sides of the tub are not bowed or stretched.

• Inspect the water nozzles.

If you're certain that there is not a leak:

• If you recently moved the dishwasher, some water may have splashed near the sensor. Give it time to dry. If the noise of the dishwasher is bothersome, unplug it or turn it off at the circuit breaker.
  • If you've recently connected the dishwasher to garbage disposal, make sure the garbage disposal cap is removed.
  • Make sure the detergent dispenser has not been overfilled or extra detergent added outside of the dispenser.

If you continue to get the error, service is required. Below are some service options:

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.

- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed.

- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message one of our moderators with your full model code and serial number to have service processed. http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

- If you're OUT of warranty, you the following link to locate a service center in your area by using the link below

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

userDZP7sVAcH1
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Join the club.  It is ongoing known problem with these dishwashers.  You have to unplug it, let it sit a day, and plug it back in.  When I take minecapart, there is merely slight condensation in the plastic area where the sensor is.  I find if I stack the dishwasher differently, I can cause it to go off (if I put bowls or pots on the side with the heavy cleaning it causes it to go off).  Which part is causing it to allow the minuscule amount of condensation to get thru, I dont know.  Probably a cheap gasket somewhere.  Many people disable the sensor and you can find instructions online.  Oh, and if you bought the fridge as a set, expect the icemaker to start acting up by freezing up inside routinely as well.  I love everything else about my kitchen suite but those 2 items are ridiculously frustrating.  

0 Likes
userDZP7sVAcH1
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

@SamsungBri which rubber gasket?  That is a step I've never tried and that sounds like my issue.  All I ever have is a tiny amount of condensation.

0 Likes
userTJjAncfVZg
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Our Samsung dishwasher has experienced the LC error code 2 times in less than 1 month .

Fix attempt no.1:

After extensive testing we could not find a leak. We unplugged power and shutoff breaker switch and restarted but error code remained.

Fix attempt no.2

Next , uprighted washer to gain access to bottom panel located beneath washer and air dried all components, including sensor and put everything back. After restarting washer the error code was gone and normal operations resumed.

3+ weeks later the LC error code came back, performed all the above fixes, but relocated sensor to higher position. Plus taped the connecting plug. Restarted machine and it performed normal again.

I am not sure if the issue is result of extra use during pandemic quarantine, but machine is less than 2 years old and should function as intended.

If machine fails again we might call for professional service, but if we have to invest 200+ dollars it might mean a new washer and moving on to new brand.

userj992diW5fA
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Purchased DW 7/17. Notified Samsung. Manufacturer Warranty over I've the same code LC error.  Shuts down DW for safety precaution so water doesn't flow throughout kitchen.  Good feature.  Pulled DW out, laid DW on side, removed bottom panel, found wetness on panel and sensor.  Dried thoroughly but didn't find source of leak.  Reinstalled DW, (unplugging DW removes code), started DW in a 1hr cycle and 37 minutes into cycle beeping LC code, DW stops.  Uninstall DW, go through total process and this time upon reinstall I do not install bottom plate where the Sensor is attached.  I placed newspaper as a drip pan under DW, start cycle and saw leak at left side bottom.  Accessing parts is impossible due to bottom base covering all parts and very very tight work space. Given number to certified Samsung tech.  Called them and they said we don't work on DW that are leaking water. If we start replacing parts and that doesnt fix the leak then we have to pay and not the customer.  They gave me number to uncertified Samsung appliance repairman.  

I feel that with many users having same issue there should have been a recall to fix this issue.  Very disappointed with this Samsung DW model.

userEfYEoYrIFD
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Dishwasher flashed LC. I watched YouTube and read this forum. Then I flipped mine upside down, water leaking everywhere. When I opened the pan there was a little bit of water, but it could have come from anywhere after turning it upside down and it was only about a tablespoon inside at most, about half a gallon on the kitchen floor. I disconnected the water sensor and traced the wires to the board. I ohmed the wires to the board, jumped the sensor with a jumper wire, and got a perfect connection (0 ohms). That means there isn't any resistors or other stupidity between the sensor and board, good. So when water hits the sensor (water is a great conductor) and makes a connection, the board should shut down..sounds like a good idea. I also used spacers to lift the sensor up a little thinking that if there is water in the pan it would take longer to trip. None of that worked and within 5 minutes I got LC again. As soon as it flashed LC I ohmed out the sensor at the board and measured 10+ thousand ohms. That means a connection is being made but not through water because it would be real close to 0 ohms. So steam maybe in the connections? That could be why when people dry it up it works momentarily and then shuts down. Either way I cut one of the sensor wires and taped it up. This is round 3 with this and if it trips again then I'm taking it down range for a proper send off.  Then I'll be getting a used Maytag or something. Something old with no sensors. The guy at Home Depot even warned me about buying Samsung but the wife insisted. 

Well I'm at 60 minutes now with no error code. I want to think that I beat Samsung at their own game but either that will make this thing trip again or another Samsung product in the house will break. Crossing my fingers. 

0 Likes
user3mwy5lA8rM
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Add me to the growing list. Brand new dishwasher, ran once then the error. I have tried EVERYTHING everyone has said here too. Currently I have removed the sensor and no water leaks and error remains. Unacceptable for a product ONE day old!

0 Likes
userLgaJyqQX8P
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

So sad to see that the issues I am having with the high end Samsung appicances I pushed after Hurrican Harvey (LC Code on my dishwasher and Icemaker freezing up and not working on my fridge are known issues impacting so many people the same way.  Quality products should not be failing for so many people in identical ways unless there is a true manufacturing flaw.  I am also out of warranty but will NEVER purchase another Samsung appliance as 2 of the 3 appliances I pushed have been nothing but problems.  

Annielou
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Ours too!!! Ooooh my! Had to cut the whole kitchen off. What in the world? Was yours hot? Ours was getting like a hot electrical smell. Samsung! Fire hazard. I am out of my warranty by 6 months. They offered to let me pay to fix. I am not fixing it period our whole appliance package has had defects. Is there a recall on the dishwasher at all? I am not feeling safe to fix a fire hazard. Thanks for your post!

0 Likes