I have a dishwasher DW80K5050UW, that keeps flashing the LC code, but also the power won't turn off. I read about the code reset, and have actually had the power turned off to the unit for over a week. When I restore power, the machine starts up, with the LC code flashing. I turn off power, but it turns itself back on after about 5 seconds, starts running, and the door is still open.
Hello, the dishwasher's leak sensor detects moisture or the water reflector is blocked (Waterwall models only). When this code occurs, the dishwasher will turn itself on and will not turn off. During this time it will attempt to drain the water away.
- If you see a leak, see our guide for Dishwasher leaks water for troubleshooting.
- If you're certain that there is not a leak:
- If you recently moved the dishwasher, some water may have splashed near the sensor. Give it time to dry. If the noise of the dishwasher is bothersome, unplug it or turn it off at the circuit breaker.
- If you've recently connected the dishwasher to garbage disposal, make sure the garbage disposal cap is removed.
- Make sure the detergent dispenser has not been overfilled and that extra detergent is not outside of the dispenser.
Also, if you see any water inside the unit take a cloth and clean it so that it is completely dry.
If you continue to get an error, service is required.
Here are some service options:
- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange process.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up.
- If you're within the one-year warranty, you can private message one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service set up. http://bit.ly/33ipYnO
-If the unit is out of warranty, you can use the following link below to request service or contact our phone support line at 1-800-Samsung to have service set up for you:
Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.