Original topic:

Dishwasher Leaking

(Topic created on: 12/15/20 5:56 PM)
user35wb1jOfbn
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We have a Samsung DW80R2031US dishwasher that started leaking. The dishwasher began making nosies like it was trying to run without anyone starting it up. Upon investigation the "Normal" cycle light was flashing and the dishwasher continued to sound like it was running even after the door was opened. Shortly after we discovered water beginning to pool under the dishwasher. When we pulled the dishwasher out we saw that it was leaking on the dishwasher side of the water valve.

We purchased the dishwasher a little over a year ago, in the fall of 2019 when we remodeled our kitchen. Is this water valve covered under the warranty? 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I'd be happy to look into this.  Could you send me a private message with the serial number?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in context

8 Replies
Solution
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I'd be happy to look into this.  Could you send me a private message with the serial number?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in context

user35wb1jOfbn
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

@SamsungLarry why was this marked as solutioned? You can see from my post last night in this thread that it was not. 

0 Likes
SamsungLarry
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Sending your serial number to the private message will allow us to look into further options for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I've gotten you set for service.  The reference number is 4156623020.  The service center will be following up with you directly to schedule the date and time.  

0 Likes
user35wb1jOfbn
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello - I would like to be set up with a different service provider. The service center assigned has not yet contacted us or responded to my follow up. I looked up the center and they have many terrible reviews in our area (lack of communication, accountability, don't respond to the ticket for weeks, break equipment further, etc.). After having a terrible experience with the last Samsung coordinated service provider for our oven, I want to avoid repeating a similar situation. Thank you. 

0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Can you verify your reference number? I can take a look into that for you

0 Likes
user35wb1jOfbn
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

@SamsungCaleb  This is the original discussion thread where we were told the repair would be completed by Samsung.

0 Likes
user35wb1jOfbn
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Following up yet again as another day has gone by with no resolution. SamsungCaleb responsed to a PM follow up by saying someone tried to contact me but were unable to reach me (I have no missed messages or calls) and that we would need to do the repair as it was out of warranty and Samsung could not find any service centers in my area. This entire situation has become extremely obnoxious and inconvenient. We were already told the repair would be done by Samsung. The service center we were originally set up with never reached out or responded to my follow ups. I looked them up and they have 1 star with dozens of terrible reviews. We purchased an entire set of Samsung appliances just over a year ago and this is the second piece of equipment to require repairs. The first piece was an equally inconvenient repair that took significant time to even have completed after the tech damaged our brand new counters and floors, with no accountability from Samsung as to the service centers they work with. At this point, I am not holding my breath that Samsung will complete the repair as promised but will certainly never purchase another piece of Samsung equipment and will advise others the same. 

0 Likes