JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Dishwasher Will Not Power On

(Topic created on: 2/2/21 7:41 PM)
usera48KtLcXq3
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My dishwasher will not power on. Breaker is not tripped.  Power running to dishwasher is live.  All other outlets connected to that breaker work. 

0 Likes
12 Replies
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I'm sorry to hear that, have you tried the following? 

If your dishwasher turns on with the Power button, but won't start when you touch Start, see our article for Dishwasher doesn't start or fill with water.

1. Touch Power on the dishwasher.

The dishwasher has a Power button that has to be pressed before a cycle can be selected or started. Also, if your hands are wet or soapy, it may not recognize that it has been touched. Make sure your hands are dry when you touch the buttons on the control panel.

The Power button should be clean as well. If it's dirty or covered in grime, gently wipe it clean with a soft damp cloth, and try again.

2. Check the circuit breaker.

Check the circuit breaker for any tripped circuits. If you see one, flip the circuit all the way off and back on again. If it continues to trip, contact an electrician to diagnose the issue.

3. Check the switch near the dishwasher.

Most newer homes have a switch (like a light switch) on the wall in the kitchen near the dishwasher. This switch turns the power on and off for the dishwasher. If your home has this switch, verify it is in the on position.

If the troubleshooting steps did not help above then you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

userPurf81ooI9
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We bought DW80R5061US/AA 00  Black Friday of 2019. Didn’t install it until February 2020. About a month later we called Samsung after the dishes were coming out dirty despite everything we did. Because of covid they could not come out. Finally got a tech out sometime early summer. He said it needed a new pump. It was rinsing our dishes with dirty water. The guy that came to install the new part said it did not need the part. He said the dishwasher was level and it’s not supposed to be. He tilted the thing so awkwardly backwards and assured us it would drain right. It did not. Unfortunately we dismantled the kitchen for a remodel the very next day so it just sat for a couple months. Finally was able to call in Oct/Nov timeframe. The kid they sent that time said it was because our water was only 92 degrees.... even though the dishes were still dirty with a heated wash cycle that removed the prints off our glasses. After questioning his thermometer (because we would never shower in that water we knew it was not right. A meat thermometer put the same water he measured at 132 degrees. He advised I call our water dept to ask why our bath water didn’t match kitchen temp. 🤦🏻‍:female_sign: We only have one hwh)  he got very mouthy and we asked him to leave and called for another tech.  They sent the same tech that did the awkward leveling. After an hour he determined it did need the pump that he wouldn’t install on our second service date July/Aug timeframe. It had to be ordered. He also noted the main board was throwing a weird code in his diagnostic system. A month later we had a perfectly functioning dishwasher. I believe he replaced the main board too but am not certain.  And now.... just about a year after it was installed.... it has just quit mid wash and will not power back on again. I’ve cut the power at the wall switch several times for awhile and no success. So frustrating because due to us installing it  2-3 months after buying it, remodeling the kitchen and all the months it was just easier to hand wash the dishes rather than wash them and then have to rewash by hand, the thing really hasn’t been used but about 3-4 months but it’s out of warranty. Never thought we’d spend this much on a dishwasher and have these problems. It performed as a very old entry level at best and now not at all. Does anyone have any other tips on what to try?

0 Likes
usercrrKRakX2Q
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi,
My dishwasher (DW80R9950US) will not power on. I have gone through the troubleshooting guide and followed the steps to no avail. 

I see other have had this exact problem, but haven’t seen any solutions other than spending a lot of money to fix it or replace it.

0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Please feel free to reach out to us directly via one of the following options and with a link to our thread.

1. Facebook Messenger: http://m.me/samsungsupport
2. Twitter: https://twitter.com/messages/compose?recipient_id=18768513
3. Or you can use the following link below to request service. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
uservtP913fywQ
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

New dishwasher shutoff midway. Will not power on. Breakers and wiring have been checked

serial#<hidden>

DW80R5060

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I'm sorry to hear that, have you tried the following? 

If the issue has been occurring since installation, service is not required. Contact the installer to verify that the proper electrical requirements are met. For more information, see the installation guide.

If your dishwasher turns on with the Power button, but won't start when you touch Start, see our article for Dishwasher doesn't start or fill with water.

1. Touch Power on the dishwasher.

The dishwasher has a Power button that has to be pressed before a cycle can be selected or started. Also, if your hands are wet or soapy, it may not recognize that it has been touched. Make sure your hands are dry when you touch the buttons on the control panel.

The Power button should be clean as well. If it's dirty or covered in grime, gently wipe it clean with a soft damp cloth, and try again.

2. Check the circuit breaker.

Check the circuit breaker for any tripped circuits. If you see one, flip the circuit all the way off and back on again. If it continues to trip, contact an electrician to diagnose the issue.

3. Check the switch near the dishwasher.

Most newer homes have a switch (like a light switch) on the wall in the kitchen near the dishwasher. This switch turns the power on and off for the dishwasher. If your home has this switch, verify it is in the on position.

If the troubleshooting steps did not help above then you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userRXOrI6RB0X
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Seem to be encountering the same issue many others have had with this dishwasher. First few months worked great, then power seemed to shut off. Started having to flip the breaker to get it to work for awhile. Then had to flip the breaker for every use. No will not power on at all. I replaced breaker and power is good all the way to unit. From what I've read this has been an issue for years with no recall or replacement parts sent from Samsung. Has anyone got any new info on this issue or u have to replace the motherboard on ur own? Thank for the info!!

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I am sorry to hear about this. Please send the serial number to this PM Link.

0 Likes
userEAzcGErCoT
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I bought all Samsung appliances for my new home. The dishwasher will not power on unless you unplug it and plug it back in then you press the power button it turns on and works as it should. What is the fix for this its 3 weeks old.

0 Likes