Original topic:

Dishwasher auto release not working :(

(Topic created: 03-29-2020 05:00 PM)
userfqJbmGL6va
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My auto release function is not working. It is turned on but is not opening  at end cycle. 

Model DW80R9950

user2GilbDHs21
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I'm having the same issue. Any fixes yet?

userQx8ovYLFW8
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

U cant possibly be serious to blame it on installation after hundreds of people on six page long discussion r having the exact same issue with no way of fixing it. 

uservv8PgJnRur
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have this same 7061 model.  Brand new, 3 months old.  Same thing started happening about a month ago.  What worked for me was to turn off the "Sanitize" setting which ups the temperature to something like 176 degrees.  The "Hi-Temp" wash setting is apparently okay.  First two months I didn't use either setting and everything was fine with the auto-release.  Then at some point I started using the "Sanitize" setting without really understanding what it does. But apparently the auto-release won't open if the insides are hotter than 122 degrees (probably a safety thing) is what I read somewhere.  So, once i stopped using "Sanitize" setting the auto-release has begun working for me again.  I tried the self-tests, the resetting the A1 option, even took apart the drain system based on the the diagnostic error codes, nothing solved this except turning off the "Sanitize" setting.  Hope this helps out some other frustrated customers!

userGf1mnAEcUh
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I am having the same problem with my DW80M9550US/AC S/N 0ER8GDAK600104K (it does not show a version)  It is now out of warranty

I have the setting to A1, I have cycled the main power Next I will try on A0 and see what it does.

After the tune plays I can hear a click but the door does not open. the fan does go on and if I open the door the fan continues to run.

Been happening for about 2 weeks 😞

Please advise I don't want to have to repair an 18 month old $1500 dishwasher.

userVXUOXl8lgH
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Has anyone had a resolution for this?? 

user4gYKWTprdk
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Im having the exact same issue too! DW80R9950UG. Bought in December and worked for a few weeks. Checked everything in this post and still nothing. Sounds like Samsung has a bigger issue with this feature and model.  Help is please!

userHRTjVBZMOH
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I also have a new DW80R9950UG dishwasher with the auto release option and it only worked for about 1 month and I called Samsung and they sent a tech out and he replaced the door opener mechanism and then ran the self test 3 times and it opened each time !! Then after tech left we ran a regular wash cylce the next day and when done the door did NOT open again.. I ran the self test myself (Power unit ON, press delay start until 17h is displayed, hold Hi-Tem Wash until AS is displayed, press start and close door) Self test will run a quick 5 min test displaying 1 - 5 (it will display 5 for a few minutes) and if test runs error free the door will pop open and display ot. but mine was displaying dc3 which is door error. I called samsung back and a week later another tech came out and replaced the main board down under the kick pannel and we ran the test again 2 times in a row and it passed and the door opened.. Well guess what the next day we ran a regular wash cycle and the door did NOT open. I ran the self test and it failed again with the dc3 error.. So at this point I decided to do my own troubleshooting and found that the latch tongue that inserts into the door latch was slightly misaligned and rubbing on the top of the latch so I bent it down slightly to align it with the hole in the latch and put some lithium grease on it and opened and closed the door a few times to work the grease in and ever since the door has been popping open at the end of the wash cycle. I believe the problem is the door opening mechanism is a little under powered and if there's too much friction on the door it won't open

userfqJbmGL6va
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Update. First I want to thank you for providing the instructions for the self test. I followed the steps. After the 5 minutes my dishwasher just kept flashing the number 5 for several minutes. Door never pooped open so I finally just opened the door and turned the power off. The good news is, I ran my dishwasher and the auto release worked!!! I hope it continues to work. Thank you!

For those who are having similar issue, try the self test. 

Power ON, press delay start until 17h is displayed, hold Hi-Tem Wash until AS is displayed, press start and close door) Self test will run a quick 5 min test displaying 1 - 5 and if test runs error free the door will pop open and display ot. Good luck

useroLzIPdRar6
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Thanks this worked for me.

0 Likes
userdLzo9aKH9z
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

All,

I had the same issue and the Samsung repair came out and replaced the push mechanizum at the top of the door jam. Also he mentioned that depending on how the dishwasher was installed and drilled to countertop that it can offset the level of the machine door or dishwasher top that makes the door stick and not be strong enough for the push mechanizum to work.

0 Likes