Original topic:

Dishwasher auto release not working :(

(Topic created: 04-14-2020 05:25 AM)
userfqJbmGL6va
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My auto release function is not working. It is turned on but is not opening  at end cycle. 

Model DW80R9950

68 Replies
userdLzo9aKH9z
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Also note if the dooor automatically opened and someone tried to close it less than two minutes after it auto opened it will damage the push machanizum. The dishwasher has a timer that requires it to stay open at least 2 minutes after it auto opens.  

0 Likes
userdDQyAWpScC
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

It is abundantly obvious from the number of posts and replies that this is a design problem! And much to my dismay, my DW80R9950U which is just a couple of weeks old, is having the same issue. Because of COVID-19, I have not yet reached out for its repair, but I am frustrated to think that somehow Samsung will write this off as an installer problem or something that is being caused by some other factor.

I'd really like to see some proactive effort in getting this fixed.  I love the dishwasher and do not wish to return it.  

Thank you!

0 Likes
bsteimel
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I followed the advice of another user here and put some lithium grease on the latch and worked the door in and out to lub up the latch mechanism.  This took a couple of cycles to work itself out, but now it works like it did from the beginning.  Pretty simple fix and did not require a repair person to come into my home during the pandemic or waiting until this was over.  Be careful what kind of grease you use, you don't want something that will attract dirt and grime like WD-40.  The grease I used was lithium which is often advertised for garage doors, i would imagine silcone grease would work well too.  

usermOtxI3APtG
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I also had this problem and a small amount of white lithium grease on the latch worked for me. Has worked every time for about a month now after I applied the grease. Doesn't  take much , just a small amount on a rag and coat the metal part of the latch on the dishwasher, not the door. close and open a few times to work it into the latch mechanism. 

0 Likes
usertVTATXUkaQ
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This solved the issue for me. What an easy fix! Make sure to try this out before calling Samsung support.

0 Likes
uservv8PgJnRur
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

What worked for me was to turn off the "sanitize" setting.  "Hi-Temp wash" okay, but "sanitize" seems to make things too hot for the auto-release to open due to safety concerns.  Easy thing to try out.  May or may not work for you though.  Good luck!

0 Likes
userTgBYacz43j
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My dishwasher just started doing the same thing.  Everything was working perfectly and now the autorelease function has stopped.  Does anyone have a solution? I have the dw80r9950ug model.  

0 Likes
useruAKz6aDRec
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

The Samsung tech came yesterday to fix my dishwasher, and replaced a part which fixed the problem. I posted about it here, including a picture of the failed part:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Kitchen-and-Family-Hub/Dishwasher-auto-release-not-working/m-p/1...

useruAKz6aDRec
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

An update: It's failed again. I've run the dishwasher four times now, it worked ONCE, the very first time. Since then it's never worked again.

This is so very obviously a design problem. I'm not going to bother attempting another repair where the repair guy comes out, replaces a part that was designed faulty with another identical part that still doesn't work. This is SO FRUSTRATING, especially on what is supposedly a "high end" dishwasher!

This is my first ever Samsung appliance. It is also my LAST Samsung appliance. Ever.

0 Likes
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This URL has been locked now? Is samsung hiding something? I could access this 3 weeks ago?

@useruAKz6aDRec wrote:

The Samsung tech came yesterday to fix my dishwasher, and replaced a part which fixed the problem. I posted about it here, including a picture of the failed part:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Kitchen-and-Family-Hub/Dishwasher-auto-release-not-working/m-p/1...