Original topic:

Dishwasher auto release not working :(

(Topic created: 05-19-2020 02:57 PM)
userfqJbmGL6va
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My auto release function is not working. It is turned on but is not opening  at end cycle. 

Model DW80R9950

68 Replies
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Is it giving you an error code? You might find this link helpful: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00076790/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userfqJbmGL6va
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

There is no error code. I have followed the directions in the link that  you provided. The auto release is turned on. It was opening when I first got my dishwasher, but now it is not. 

SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Completely understand! Can you provide me with your full model and serial number, please 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userfqJbmGL6va
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Thanks for reply. I have the:

samsung linear wash 24" top control finger print resistance builtin dishwasher with stainless steel tub. Model  DW80R9950 US
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

you can find the full model and serial number on the top left side of the door or on some models it will be on the left inside wall. 

SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

AutoRelease Dry is designed to improve drying performance by automatically opening the door during the last 5 to 15 minutes of the cycle. The door opens when the temperature has fallen below 122 degrees Fahrenheit. An internal fan is activated to protect your countertop from moisture.

This setting defaults to on because it helps improve drying performance. However, the setting can be turned on and off if desired. See below for steps on how to do so:

1. Touch POWER to turn on the dishwasher.

2. To enter the settings menu, touch and hold Lower Sanitize and Hi-Temp Wash Delay Start until U0 or U1 appears on the display.

3. Touch Sanitize repeatedly until A0 or A1 appears on the display. Then touch Delay Start to alternate between the two options.

• If A0 appears, AutoRelease Dry is disabled (not recommended).

• If A1 appears, AutoRelease Dry is enabled (the recommended default).

• Repeat this step if needed to reach your desired option.

4. To save your settings, touch POWER. The dishwasher will power off.

If the above troubleshooting steps didn't help, here are some service options:

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.

- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up.

- If you're within the one year warranty, you can private message one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service set up. http://bit.ly/2tCGnGK 

- If the unit is out of warranty, you can use the following link below to request service or contact our phone support line at 1-800-Samsung to have service set up for you:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/

userfqJbmGL6va
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Samsung Linear Wash 24" Top Control Built-In Dishwasher with Stainless Steel Tub Fingerprint Resistant Stainless Steel

DW80R9950US 

poohbear92
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I'm having the same issue with my door auto release.  It only works sometimes, usually when I select the "normal" cycle.  It seems all other cyckes don't work.

Model number is DW80M9550US/AA.

0 Likes
userGfQf819tPq
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Curious about this issue also, as my dishwasher just started exhibiting the same behavior. It worked fine for the first month or two and then stopped auto releasing. I have checked the settings on the dishwasher and in my smartthings app and it is set correctly.