Original topic:

Dishwasher auto release not working :(

(Topic created: 06-02-2020 08:42 AM)
userfqJbmGL6va
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My auto release function is not working. It is turned on but is not opening  at end cycle. 

Model DW80R9950

68 Replies
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello, Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We understand that this post was marked as Spam by our automated spam filter. Posts can be marked as spam for a variety of reasons. We appreciate your participation in the Community and have restored the post to the board that it was posted to. Please feel free to reach out to a moderator if you have any further concerns regarding posted content. Thank you

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userYArdw1jcxQ
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I just bought this machine less than a month ago, only have 15 cycles on it, and it has happened at least 2-3 times to me. So it is working sometimes but sometimes not. I have not used "sanitize" or "high-temp" option. I also run the self-test and at the end it pops open the door as well. I guess i will contact support as well.

0 Likes
userhwZaY5jJzG
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Three month old dishwasher and the auto open for the door doesn't pop open anymore. I checked it's set for A1. What else can this be. 

0 Likes
userStAGWPBrSU
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Why did this get marked resolved? Still plenty of people having problems with door not opening, even though Auto Release Dry is enabled.

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This would require service.  If you would like, send me a private message and I would be more than happy to set that up for you http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
useru8IcExuY0H
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My dishwasher auto release door isn't opening. I ran a cycle with no dishes and it still did not open after reading the reason it may not open is because it's blocked. What could be the reason it's not opening? I also find that when I run a cycle with dishes it will skip to express and it will blink several times, why is this? 

0 Likes
userzMRTxy57Kw
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I am having the same problem. Worked the first 12-14 cycles, then the door stopped opening. You can hear the fan running the last part of the cycle, but it won't open the door. I have tried unplugging and cycling the A1 and A0 settings, but still not working.. 

Any fix yet?

0 Likes
userfqJbmGL6va
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I tried the recommended solution from samsung (see posts in thread) that allowed auto release to work for a few times but stopped working again. I could hear a click like the door was trying to push open but seemed stuck.  One person suggested using White lithium grease on the release mechanism and that has done the trick! Has been working ever since. 

userhwZaY5jJzG
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We purchased this dishwasher in March of this year and paid the extra money for the quiet feature to reduce operating noise. It's very quiet. The auto door feature worked great until a couple of weeks ago and refused to open on any cycle except the  self diagnostic 5 minute. Tech replaced the computer and then the open mechanism which fixed the problem. Fingers crossed it keeps working. Hope this helps. 

userIJqrkFs2l2
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Bought  the Samsung Linear diswasher and Auto door open feature on drying cycle stopped working.  Sent repairmen out twice and not fixed.   Samsung now gave me a coupon for $990 to replace the diswasher. Problem is it costs  $1098  plus tax plus installation.   Less than a year old.    I think there is a problem with engineering for the door open system as there are quite a few postings for this same problem..

0 Likes