JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Dishwasher auto release not working :(

(Topic created: 02-10-2020 11:04 AM)
userfqJbmGL6va
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My auto release function is not working. It is turned on but is not opening  at end cycle. 

Model DW80R9950

JUMP TO SOLUTION
68 Replies
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

@usero28M2hL1Bx Since it is so new, have you contacted your installers to come back out and check to see why it's not working properly?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

usero28M2hL1Bx
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I called and they said it was almost definitley not an install issue based on the description of the problem. I can call back tomorrow to schedule a check but they seemed very sure that this is going to go beyond them

SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

@usero28M2hL1Bx I personally would still do it just because the warranties on our products are service based, and if our tech finds that it's an installation issue, it is not covered and would be at the consumer's cost. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

useriBwmhfwjuQ
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I am having the same issue with my dishwasher. The auto release is not working.  I bought my dishwasher from Best Buy in December and it's been working fine until now.  I have tried all cycles and the auto release is on A1.  Can someone please help.

MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Of course! How are you setting the Auto Release? Are you pressing Sanitize until A1 is displayed and then press Delay Start? Have you tried to power cycle the unit? 

useriBwmhfwjuQ
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

No i pressed the  lower rack and hi temp together and it shows A1.  What do you mean by power cycle the unit.  My dishwasher is model DW80R9950US.  I bought it in December and it was working fine.  But now the auto release doesn't work.

MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Try this option: 

Press Sanitize until “A1” or “A0” is displayed. Then, press Delay Start to enable (A1) or disable (A0) Auto Release™ Dry.

And you can power cycle the unit by turning it off at the breaker for about 30 full seconds. 

useriBwmhfwjuQ
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

The sanitize button only shows a lock. It doesn't show A1 or A0.  I will try to power cycle and see if that works

SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Did power cycling the unit help any? Is it possible to check the door alignment?

usero28M2hL1Bx
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I had an installer come by today and check. He said everything looks fine but adjsuted some seals on the cabinet side just in case that was the problem. I ran another cycle after he left and the auto release still is not working. The machine chimes as if the door is about to open, the fan kicks on, but the door stays closed.