cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Dishwasher dw80j7550u 3 beeps, 3 light flashes

I have a samsung dw80j7550u dishwasher that has started to have an issue. At cycle start it will begin briefly by making some noise for about 15 seconds, then pause, beep 3 times then the light on the front will flash 3 times. This will repeat roughly every 20 seconds. If it sits long enough it will eventually start.

22 REPLIES 22
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Dishwasher dw80j7550u 3 beeps, 3 light flashes

I have this exact same issue and cannot get it to reset even after unplugging power source. Anyone able to give guidance for a solution?

Highlighted
Constellation

me too!  as of yesterday!  any solution for you yet?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I/m sorry to hear that, does this occur after power cycling the dishwasher? Also what lights are flashing? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Yes. 

I shut off the breaker to the washer for over 10 minutes. And it still occurs when starting a new cycle.

The light that flashes is the front blue ambient light that shines down in the recess for the front handle. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Is the door able to shut all the way? Does it sound like the dishwasher is trying to drain? And do you see any water near the unit? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Door shuts completely.

There is no water in the bottom. Removed the drain filter, cleaned it, and placed a couple cups of water in the bottom to see if it would drain.

Started new cycle.

Everything starts up and sounds like it's going to work out. Can hear the water pump. 

After about 30 seconds of this it will make a little different noise. 

Will then beep 3 times.

Pause.

Light flashes on front 3 times.

I open the door at this point, water is drained.

Close door, restart/resume wash cycle.

Same thing will happen, Roughly 30 seconds, then beep.

If I let it sit like this, after about 5 iterations of the beep, the wash cycle will start and run to completion.

At the end of the cycle everything it appears to be fine.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

The next step would be to proceed with service. You can use the following link below to request service or contact our phone support line at 1-800-Samsung to have service set up for you: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/

Highlighted
Asteroid

This is not the solution. Nor have I hever marked it as the solution.  The problem is still outstanding. Seeing as this is ocurring with several other customer machines, an indication to what the beeps and flashes is referring to would help merit a solution.

Highlighted
Supernova

@user9Q0gyROP5B try downloading your manual and getting the error code - page 31

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrQv4HRphpo

You may need to contact the Samsung team for a service request if the above doesn't help--

Inside the US? --> https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

Outside the US? --> https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html

--

Please click " ✓ Accept as Solution" if this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. Click the heart to let me know your appreciation! 

Notification emails do not accept replies. Login to the community to respond to this thread.
An error code isn't the end of the world, and some of the most common ones can often be resolved without a service visit. An LE or LC error indicates the lea...