Original topic:

Dishwasher leaking, but not from usual places

(Topic created on: 8/26/19 10:05 AM)
userddfGcXi2Lz
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We have a samsung dw80m996.

Yesterday the dreaded "LC" code came up. Cycling the power would not clear it. After taking it apart, I've discovered that the door panel is filled with condensation, which has soaked the door insulation as well. Samsung,in thier infinite wisdom, attached a rubber shild to the bottom of the door which directs the water in onto an electronic board and then down into the tray, where it soaks the water sensor.

The problem is how is this "steam" getting into the door and why doesn't the door have a vent to allow this steam to escape, rather than soak everything, drip on the floor and eventually trip the water sensor?

Even if I were to open and area somewhere in the door casing to try and let this "steam/condensation" escape, the insulation/sound deadening is so thick there's no way the steam could escape.

This seems like a very poor design overall on such an expensive dishawasher.

Anyone else have this problem?

And yes, I have gone through the very limited troubleshooting tables samsung publishes. None of it adresses the issue of steam being able to get into the door cavity.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userddfGcXi2Lz
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Fixed it.

Took the dishwasher apart and cleaned the vent. then took the door apart and cleaned the seals and surfaces. then carefully aligned the seals so they closed tightly when shut. Neither were very dirty, but it doesn'ttake much to cause a water leak. 

Just for good measure, I gave the leveling feet a little more of a rearward tilt, just to keep more water away from the door seal, which is nearly open across the bottom.

Been a month now, no further leaks.

This is the second time a little bit of "dirt" has thrown this dishwasher for a loop. Seems like most things these days, it's been engineered to be more complicated than it needs to be and as usual,  that leads to more "false" failures.

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
user9e3z2lG8bA
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Good luck getting any resolutions from Samsung our samsung dw80f600uts/aa door seal is a lifetime warranted part and they won’t replace it.  They came and diagnosed it then sent some foam pieces so the repairman came back and said this is not a door seal and now it won’t let me reorder you will need to contact Samsung   We did this which they then stated we would need to have it rediagnosed and pay 150.00 for this then they would send the part to the repairman.  And then we would have to pay him again for coming out. This is something that is suppose to be under the life time warranty.  We finally contacted a local repair place and they state that part is no longer available. Dishwasher was bought 5 years ago he said this is common with Samsung as they change everything pretty quick on their items.  Ours was also drenching the insulation in the door.  Sorry this post is not much help to you mostly venting on lack of customer service from samsung and I would never recommend their products to anyone even though when it was leaking it did a great job cleaning.  But if you can’t get it fixed not much point in buying them.

0 Likes
Solution
userddfGcXi2Lz
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Fixed it.

Took the dishwasher apart and cleaned the vent. then took the door apart and cleaned the seals and surfaces. then carefully aligned the seals so they closed tightly when shut. Neither were very dirty, but it doesn'ttake much to cause a water leak. 

Just for good measure, I gave the leveling feet a little more of a rearward tilt, just to keep more water away from the door seal, which is nearly open across the bottom.

Been a month now, no further leaks.

This is the second time a little bit of "dirt" has thrown this dishwasher for a loop. Seems like most things these days, it's been engineered to be more complicated than it needs to be and as usual,  that leads to more "false" failures.

View solution in context

0 Likes