cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ironman273
Constellation

Re: Dishwasher making a lot of noise when starting up

OK, I have a steel braided line coming from the sink area, so I doubt that's kinked.  The garbage disposal line also isn't kinked (and I think that would be an issue only when the dishwasher is draining).  Anything further I would have to take the dishwasher out to see the connections.  Should I call Samsung and have them come out for service?

Akidd30
Constellation

Just a random question. My dishwasher is making similar sounds. I contacted Samsung because it was making the noise within a few weeks of purchasing. I sent in receipts from Lowe's and was suppose to have it replaced. However I never heard a follow-up from Samsung to complete this transaction. Any suggestions?

Akidd30
Constellation

Samsung was to replace my dishwasher after I sent in the receipt from Lowe's. I confirmed they received it and was suppose to hear back from someone but never have to this day. That was several months ago.

Suggestions?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@Akidd30; I would be happy to look into this issue for you. Could you send me your most recent transaction number in a private message to http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

user6LRhyB9niz
Constellation

Ugh...I also have this model dishwasher and the same issue with the vent fan. I purchased the dishwasher 7/2017. Come November 2017 the noise started. After contacting Samsung and getting the response "that noise is totally normal nothing we can do about it" ( this was a phone conversation) we exchanged the dishwasher at the place of purchase for the exact same model. Fast forward to February 2018 the 2nd dishwasher started with the same vent fan noise. Contacted Samsung who this time sent out a repair tech who replaced the vent fan. Problem solved until March 2018. Repair tech sent fan replaced for 2nd time. April 2018 Samsung had to send a repair tech for the 3rd time for again the vent fan to be replaced. Then in July you guessed it the vent fan was replaced for the 4th time! Now here we are August 2018 and my dishwasher in one month out of warranty and the vent fan is making noise again. Contacted Samsung and was told sorry your dishwasher is out of warranty we can give you a 1 time free repair! I know darn well this is only a band aid for the issue. Come a month or two from now I will be responsible for any cost for repair. Siper disappointed that Samsung is not willing to work with me on this issue. It's very obvious that this model dishwasher has a defect and they are not standing behind there product

userHlUgWCsaow
Astronaut

Samsung as an employee, Samsung Aerospace, you should be ashamed of this thread.
usercfohs0RBfj
Constellation

Mine is doing the exact same thing!!!!! And I also got me 2mths ago

userVEU0Sw6LeZ
Constellation

Hello have same noise at at start up and somtimes during wash cycle.  My model # is DW80M2020US

Chris Brown

PS Delivered to my home on 12-27-17 4 months old not quite.  From SEARS.

Supernova

I am sorry to hear this. Can you describe the noise that the unit is making? Is the unit showing any error codes? 

userVEU0Sw6LeZ
Constellation

There are no apparent error codes.  Where would those be?  This model does not have a digital display.  There is no sequential beeping to be noted other than that of entering a mode and the start / open/ close door sequence. The noise is a loud squealing appearing to be coming from the top of the door in the grey vent under the handle.