cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Dishwasher making a lot of noise when starting up

Could you send us a private message with your full model and serial number? http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Please get that to us as soon as you can.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userqJoT9aL8xd
Constellation

First turn off power supply to the dishwasher.

It’s a small fan by the air vent on the door. You need a T15 star bit to unscrew the door cover (10 small screws, 4 long ones). 

The fan looks like a 25 cent part, I’m sure the service would like to charge a pretty penny. 

My quick fix was to unplug the connector. 

Can’t imagine that it’s very important. 

The noise stopped. 

userxT1z8m6xb3
Astronaut

I can confirm it’s likely that small fan inside the door. Mine also started after about 4 months. I had it repaired, and now the new one also started making the buzzing sound tonight, another 4 months... I might just try to find a better quality fan that fits.

userbxW4wTW53r
Astronaut

OK, so great!  I and all other purchasers of this model just need to stock up on an inventory of 37 cheap little fans that we can swap out every four months for the next twelve years.  I'm concerned though, that those Torx-head screws are going to wear out or the threads will strip long before then.

userOYLECLlFKJ
Constellation

mine just started doing this. I installed it a week ago after purchasing a few months back

dw80m2020us

Bpotts
Astronaut

My dishwasher is having the same issue. 

Model #: DW80M2020US
Purchased 06/30/2017

Samsung moderator where do I find the serial number? I would like to arrange service.

Supernova

Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and the serial number of the unit. The serial number should be located on the left interior wall of the unit. 

userAwuHYnZkM1
Constellation

We bought a Samsung DMT400RHS/XAA  S/N: A3JAG9MZB00613W about 4 years ago.  We only used it on rare occasions.  Then we remodeled our kitchen in 2017.  It was in storage for 8 months.  When we reinstalled it in March 2018, the fluttering noise could be heard at startup and kept making noises, off and on, during the first few minutes.  It never washed the dishes properly.  We removed it and bought a new LG.   We still have the Samsung dishwasher.  I wonder if it is still salvageable.  We could give it to some friends if there was a real fix.

Maggie

userb3zAieISQX
Constellation

I bought this same washer. It's less than a month old and has started making the same noise.. Just not quite as loud as yours. Did you find the reason for this? Or a solution?