JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Dishwasher racks rusting

(Topic created on: 2/18/21 5:58 PM)
user7Qu7dxrY5O
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

In January 2018, I purchased a 3 Samsung kitchen appliances from Lowe's.  One was a dishwasher Model No. DW80K505OUS.  I have recently noticed that both upper and lower racks are showing rusted tines. I have owned dishwashers in the past (not Samsung) and all have lasted for a minimum of 6 years but none of them had rusted racks.  Samsung should consider putting more quality in parts such as these.

userxyyz0GueFZ
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Read the same thing looking for a solution for my rusty racks and I was told by support that the warranty doesn't cover cosmetic or wear and tear.   Both my racks are pretty bad and I don't think it was do do me beating them up...

0 Likes
userxyyz0GueFZ
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Having the same issues. My washer is on a year or so old but the rusting is so bad it's flaking off and clogging all the water jets cause it to wash porely.

0 Likes
userJ5YKt1BTW7
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

@SamsungLou 

My dishwasher also has the same issue, only 3 years old. Can you send me a link so you can look into it? DW80K5050US

0 Likes
usersUacOASOhX
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have a model DW80K5050US with the same issue.  It is approximately 2 years old.  

0 Likes
chagler
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi,

I purchased a DW80R9950UG Dishwasher about 10 months ago.  The top rack tine in the back has rusted and burst through the plastic sheeting causing a bulge.  This bulge is right where the rack needs to slide though a plastic guide so you can lower and raise the rack  as needed to accommodate the various size of dishes....making the top rack almost useless as it no longer adjusts correctly, and simply a matter of time before I will not be able to lower it at all.  Can I please get this fixed under warranty?  I have pics, receipts. etc...

Thank you,

Chris

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I am sorry to hear about this. Please send the serial number to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user8d3lVm0KkH
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We purchased dishwasher about 9 months ago, (about $1300) we realized some dents on front door , service said it’s ecstatic not covered. Than we started getting rust stains inside of the dishwasher, called for service, they said eStetic issue . It’s not estetic issue , it’s dangerous for health. And than we contacted customer service repeatedly.They said ; We going to help you ( about 2 months ago), But never help to us . Nobody called us.

0 Likes
tyresethompson
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
where you bought if from
0 Likes
user8d3lVm0KkH
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Samsung Website 

0 Likes
userYudpwu46lV
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My roughly 2 years old model DW80M2020 has rusting racks. Several of the tines have broken off due to this. This seems very premature to me as I have had dishwashers that are 10 years old without this issue. This also seems quite unsanitary for my dishes to be mixing with rust. To replace the racks will cost roughly $350, I might as well buy a new dishwasher. What can Samsung do to prevent me from purchasing another brand?
Thank you 

0 Likes