Original topic:

Dishwasher sanitize cycle going on "overdrive"

(Topic created on: 3/5/21 9:13 AM)
usernHp9LntIh7
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We've had our Samsung dishwasher for about 8 years, or just about, and it does a good job cleaning, but I have noticed in recent weeks that when it is drying and making that humming noise, there is a lot of steam coming out of the bottom by the kickplate and actually steaming up my kitchen floor!  My floor is wooden boards (not my idea, it was like that when we moved in), and they were actually wet from the steam.  Something is obviously stuck somewhere. :(  Help please, TIA. 

3 Replies
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Are you getting any error codes on the display by any chance?  Could you provide the model of the dishwasher?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
usernHp9LntIh7
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I wouldnt know where to see an error code...there are just the blue lights on top showing what cycle its in...I believe this dishwasher is the DMT400RHS?

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Do you recall seeing the display blinking at all?  At this point, service would be the next suggested step.   

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes