JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Dishwasher set LC code and needs to be reset

(Topic created on: 8/26/18 9:30 AM)
userNLUh4WaZKb
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My DW7000KM set the code LC.  I've solved that problem.  There is no leak.  The machine kep flashing the LC code and did nothing.  Eventually the machine started pumping itself out.  However the code won't stop flashing.  I need to reset that code and have the machine start once again.  How is that code reset?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
102 Replies
userabIPcx8Ec1
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I am having the same problem I have done everything tthe other customer has, and it is very frustrating to say the least

userGXqyo6tzKR
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

What is the fix for this problem?! It's 10 at night and this thing won't stop draining and beeping. And flashing LC.

SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

It will need to be serviced.  Could you send us a private message with your full model and serial number?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
user8QBHEDu0ks
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

What did you do?

0 Likes
userkdolPF8nQF
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

many may know by now it's the moisture sensor on the very bottom plate, underside of the dishwasher. I've seen a lot of people "TAPE IT UP" higher inside the dishwasher, but what I noticed is that its just four pins extended from 2 wires on the harness. 

I didnt have much moisture at all in the bottom, but there was a good amount INSIDE the 2 pin harness. Since it's just a passive wire setup, that means the actual sensor is already somewhere further up inside the device. 

I recommend checking the 2 pin connector for moisture, drying it out, and taping around it to avoid the problem. Samsung should have used wiring harnesses akin to automotive harnesses that are designed to keep moisture out, but these are just standard cheapo connectors.

EDIT: This still didnt work, so I removed the sensor from the harness completely, and everything went back to normal. I taped the connector up nice, including the adjacent power connector, so no moisture will penetrate it.

If you're out of warranty, I recommend just removing it if you have no signs of moisture inside, or just replacing the part. I'd rate the job difficulty maybe a 1.5 out of 10.

0 Likes
user4KLeKwUNl6
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

There is no repair option. I have had my dishwasher for 16 months and this will be my 5th service call. All they ever do is take it out of cabinet and fiddle around with the level of the dishwasher. One time they put a new seal around door. I have never had leaking. This is just a sensitive sensor issue. The tiniest bit of moisture and you get this LC error. They need to do a recall or replace these sensors. Thank God I got the extended warranty. I feel bad for the service man coming today because he is going to get an earful. This should definitely fall under the Lemon clause that is covered on my extended warranty. Not a happy camper!   

SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Would you happen to have a transaction number that we could look into?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
user1KybsUvSOd
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I am having the same issue. Bought in September, is draining, no water left, but continues to flash LC.  Unplugged for 20 minutes, no difference

SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

@user1KybsUvSOd Please send us a private message with the full model code and serial number: Link

0 Likes
userLL0PymFxro
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have the same problem, been happening since we got it a year and half ago.  Samsung technician has come out multiple times.  One time said we used too much soap?!  Other times said that they couldn't fix it because it wasn't happening by the time they came out (dried out on its own).  Sent a PM.

0 Likes