Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Dishwasher Has no power

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey! Can you send your telephone number in a private message

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Dishwasher Has no power

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you provide a telephone number as well?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

Dishwasher has no power

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Help only used a year

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Dishwasher has no power

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We're sorry to hear that! Have you tried turning off the breaker for 10 minutes? Was the unit professionally installed? Is the outlet receiving power?

Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung dishwasher dw80k5050us no power

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As with all of the other consumers here we have a no power issue with our dishwasher.  I have checked power to the dishwasher and there is 120 v to the dishwasher.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Dishwasher will not power on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can see how your dishwasher not powering on can be problematic. Give the following steps a try:

If your dishwasher turns on with the Power button, but won't start when you touch Start, see our article for Dishwasher doesn't start or fill with water.

1. Touch Power on the dishwasher.

The dishwasher has a Power button that has to be pressed before a cycle can be selected or started. Also, if your hands are wet or soapy, it may not recognize that it has been touched. Make sure your hands are dry when you touch the buttons on the control panel.

The Power button has to be clean, as well. If it's dirty or covered in grime, gently wipe it clean with a soft damp cloth, and try again.

2. Check the circuit breaker.

Check the circuit breaker for any tripped circuits. If so, reset the breaker. If it continues to trip, contact an electrician to diagnose the issue.

3. Check the switch near the dishwasher.

Most homes have a switch (like a light switch) on the wall in the kitchen, near the dishwasher, that turns power to it on and off. If your home has this switch, verify it is in the on position.

If the above troubleshooting steps didn't help, here are some service options:

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.

- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed.

- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message one of our moderators to have service processed. http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

- If you're OUT of warranty, you the following link to locate a service center in your area by using 

the link below

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Samsung dishwasher dw80k5050us no power

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem. 

No switch that will power on the dishwasher.  

Dishwasher has been installed for 9 months.  No previous issues. 

Breaker has not tripped.  

Control panel does not receive power at all.  Will not power on. 

Thanks

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You cannot call it a solution if all you are saying is to contact a third party repair company that will replace pretty much the whole electronics and it will cost you almost as much as the new dishwasher cost in the first place.

I have had the issue of the display going on and off randomly and the technician told me that the bottom main PCB needs to be replaced, he said 100% that is the issue. That did not fix the issue. I did not want to waste any more money replacing parts one by one. So I did not call the technician back to suggest replacement of other parts. I went ahead and purchased another dishwasher with 5 years warranty, so now I had nothing to lose. So I removed the touch control panel housing inside the door by removing the front and side torx screws and removing the cable that connects to the touch control housing on the PCB through a small window. I found water droplets coming out from it while I was inspecting it. So I removed the touch panel from the housing by prying with a knife, being careful not to damage it. It is just glued to it and behind it is a circuit board. A lot more water dripped out and I dried the PCB and cleaned it up thouroughly with a nylon brush. One area looked really corroded, so I cleaned it with a wire brush, lightly. After putting it all back, it was working fine.

So, the lesson learnt is that probably steam keeps finding its way into the space under the touch PCB through the latch hole, condensing inside it over the years and eventually the board stops working. I was lucky that there was no electronics damaged, so it just worked after drying it and putting it together. The replacement would be $250 and that is what the typical technician is going to tell you to do, as that is all they know, just keep replacing big chunks of parts till it starts working eventually. And you end up with a cheap diswahser that cost you as much as the good ones that last for 30 years.

The Korean and Chinese companies have a made a lot of good progress in the last thirty years, and in another thirty years would have reliable appliances, eventually.

This is a design defect, water should not go inside the compartment where the PCB is, it should be sealed, not exposed, or should have proper drainage.

Many people find the black rubber sheet hanging in the front, that is also a defect in assemblybut  Samsung will blame you for not having got it installed properly. They will tell you to somehow hide it under the foot plate, byt that will not work. You need to unscrew the door panel and fold it and insert it inside the door panel and then screw back the panel again. Someone forgot to do it during assembly.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, now that you've dried out the panel how long has the dishwasher worked before having to do it again?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's been over a month now and all is still fine. I also took it out one more time  a couple of weeks later and sprayed it nicely with acrylic conformal coating. Ideally, appliance circuit boards should be coated with silicone based conformal coating but I did not want to spend that much. I wish that Samsung had the sense to coat it in the first place. It was dry when I removed it the second time.

In any case, my new dishwasher that cost two hundred less and with five year warranty (from swedish company) is arriving next week, so I am going to be looking for selling this, though it is like new and working perfectly.