JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Dishwasher will not power on

(Topic created on: 3/23/20 5:50 AM)
userolRLG0OyMc
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My 1 year old dishwasher (dw80k7050ug) will not power on.  From the best that I can determine, there is something wrong with the control panel.  Has anybody had similar issues and/or knows the part # so I can try to order and install a new one? 

532 Replies
userFuuW1COfpo
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Samsung DW80K7050US will not power on. Sounds like this model and a few others have the same issue with the control panel.

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I'm sorry to hear that, so that I may look into this can you send me a private message with your full model and serial number? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Magnaye12700
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Our Samsung dishwasher was purchased/installed late Feb. 2019 and the control panel just died--so it's just a little over a year old. Before it stopped working, it was 'singing' the end-of-load chime ( a couple of times). We turned the power off and then back on a few times. There is power to the appliance because the lights will blink a few times and then die. None of the buttons work--so the machine is inoperable. Looking through here, it appears that this is a common problem for this model and another similar-design one (DW80K7050US). What is the solution, please?

SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

You've done all of the suggested troubleshooting.  At this point, service would be suggested.  If you would like me to set that up for you, please send me a private message: http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userKXQDFjvg0k
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello, 

I am having a similar problem with my dishwasher. The control panel is dead and there is power at the outlet. I currently have it unplugged and will see if it resets. Dishwasher is less than two years old. This sounds like a common problem with this model. Does Samsung have a solution for what looks like a defective product?

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

If power cycling does not solve the issue repairs would be recommended. 

If the unit is in warranty you can send me or any of the other moderators a private message with your full model and serial number and we can get that set up for you.

Or if your unit is out of warranty you can use the link below to find a service center in your area. 

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userYu3OocxNGx
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Our dishwasher is about 8 months old we have use it 2 times and now is not powering on. We have reset breakers but nothing works. 

SamsungBri
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Has the unit been moved recently? Check the switch near the dishwasher. Most newer homes have a switch (like a light switch) on the wall in the kitchen, near the dishwasher, that turns power to it on and off. If your home has this switch, verify it is in the on position.

0 Likes
Brad-B
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I started a load of dishes last night before I went to bed and when I woke up this morning, the dishwasher was off and the inside still had undrained water in it.  

The model numnber is DW80K5050UW and it's only a few weeks old.  

Please help... I've tried reseting the breaker but it still won't power up.

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the serial number to this PM Link.

0 Likes