JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Dishwasher will not power on

(Topic created on: 4/6/20 7:46 PM)
userolRLG0OyMc
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My 1 year old dishwasher (dw80k7050ug) will not power on.  From the best that I can determine, there is something wrong with the control panel.  Has anybody had similar issues and/or knows the part # so I can try to order and install a new one? 

532 Replies
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This link of troubleshooting steps should correct this. Please let me know if they don't :)

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001914/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userIVVuCSKfVx
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Unfortunately no.  I've called Samsung support, and they have setup a technician to come in.

0 Likes
userb8PVqQCr2Z
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Bought new in Jan 2019. I have only ran 4 cycles through this thing. And the first cycle it was empty. We always do by hand but wanted a match for other appliances. Tried to use it the other day and nothing. Verified power to the unit. Verified door switch was operational. It must be main control circuit card. Of the year warranty is up so they set me a ticket up. $200 to show and estimated $300 in parts. Ridiculous. I could buy a new one for that. It's a card. I have verified circuit continuity from main power to circuit board relays. So now I have to buy a card because there is no way I'm paying 200-500 for a house call. This is ridiculous. 4 cycles!!  And now nothing. All I could hope is that Samsung could have helped me out but that didn't happen. Never again. GE Cafe here I come. 

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I would like to look into this further.  Would you happen to have a transaction number that I could look into?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userb8PVqQCr2Z
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
@SamsungJam wrote:

I would like to look into this further.  Would you happen to have a transaction number that I could look into?  

@SamsungJam wrote:

Purchased at Best Buy #420 on independence Blvd Va Beach VA 23464 on 1/3/19. 
Order # <HIDDEN>
S/N <HIDDEN>

<HIDDEN>

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Thank you.  I was able to find your ticket.  Since the unit is barely out of warranty, I would like to cover the repair with our service center.  Can I set that up for you?  

0 Likes
userb8PVqQCr2Z
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Yes and thank you very much. I wish the phone call could be this easy. 

@SamsungJam wrote:

Thank you.  I was able to find your ticket.  Since the unit is barely out of warranty, I would like to cover the repair with our service center.  Can I set that up for you?  

0 Likes
user6RsQ89IXoL
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This is the 3rd time I have had problems with this dishwasher. Won't power on. Unplugged - turned breaker off - checked door. I see a lot of post with this same problem. Model # DW80K7050US 

S/N : < hidden> I will not ever do business with this company again. Samsunged the entire house and it all is junk. I think it's time to call BBB .

0 Likes
userNk35GNRl9o
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi, 

9 month year old Samsung.  Power will not turn on.  Breaker is not tripped.  No switch to put power to the dishwasher.  Anyone have solutions? 

Thanks

user19tJZnAWMN
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Purchased and installed aproximately a year and a half ago. All appliances are samsung. I use my dishwasher one every week and a half to two weeks for the past 18 months....yet today out of the blue, my dishwasher is DEAD. No power at the control panel.  Circuit breaker is fine. Plugged in. Outlet checked fine. I see many similiar posts...how is this acceptable? Why does Samsung fail to address these power issues? Anyone have thoughts? Is it worth repairing or do I just buy another high end dishwasher that is trash in less than two years (most likely NOT a Samsung after this).