JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Dishwasher will not power on

(Topic created on: 7/12/20 7:09 PM)
userolRLG0OyMc
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My 1 year old dishwasher (dw80k7050ug) will not power on.  From the best that I can determine, there is something wrong with the control panel.  Has anybody had similar issues and/or knows the part # so I can try to order and install a new one? 

532 Replies
user3dguarti8L
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My dishwasher won't turn on. I checked the fuse and plug and all is fine there. How can I fix this?

0 Likes
usergr8mFzpjjU
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

my samsung dishwasher has power coming to it, but it will not turn on, or do anything. I have used a tester to make sure it's getting power, and it is. But it still will not turn on. 

0 Likes
Nemisis68
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
I have a Samsung dw.
Mine had a problem with condensation in the door. Kept it from starting.
Though the panel flashed leds.
You don't mention that.
I took all the water out with a shop vac, then put a 'damp rid' inside and closed the door. It started working again the next day.
0 Likes
usergr8mFzpjjU
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Mine isnt showing any lights or anything. Its acting like its bot getting power at all, but it is, I tested the breaker,everything is working as needed except the dishwasher. 

0 Likes
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Give these troubleshooting steps a shot :)

If your dishwasher turns on with the Power button, but won't start when you touch Start, see our article for Dishwasher doesn't start or fill with water.

1. Touch Power on the dishwasher.

The dishwasher has a Power button that has to be pressed before a cycle can be selected or started. Also, if your hands are wet or soapy, it may not recognize that it has been touched. Make sure your hands are dry when you touch the buttons on the control panel.

The Power button has to be clean, as well. If it's dirty or covered in grime, gently wipe it clean with a soft damp cloth, and try again.

2. Check the circuit breaker.

Check the circuit breaker for any tripped circuits. If so, reset the breaker. If it continues to trip, contact an electrician to diagnose the issue.

3. Check the switch near the dishwasher.

Most newer homes have a switch (like a light switch) on the wall in the kitchen, near the dishwasher, that turns power to it on and off. If your home has this switch, verify it is in the on position.

4. Request service.

If the dishwasher still doesn't turn on, visit the Support Center to request service.

5. You can also send a private message with your full model and serial number to any of the mods :)

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Honestly, there could be quite a few reasons that it might not be working properly. We do suggest having all Samsung appliances professionally installed as installation problems are not covered under the warranty. I suggest checking the voltage coming from the outlet the dishwasher is plugged into to verify that enough power is going through. Otherwise, I would just wait for the tech to come to check it out. Please keep us posted on how it goes! 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userv9550WOqOT
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi,

I'm having the same issue everybody else. Stop mid cycle, no power. Have cycled power  switch and still the same.

1) how can I get a service manual

2) is Samsung doing anything about this and selling cheaper (subsidized) control modules?

0 Likes
userrBaESXQ25u
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Same issue for the second time. Had a new control panel installed last January for the same problem. Sounds like this is a common problem the Samsung Dishwashers. I am not paying for another service call. The dishwasher is used rarely

0 Likes
userGjOHb29dhT
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We bought the dishwasher just over a year ago so you'd wouldn't expect such an expensive machine to stop working so soon. We had this problem about a week ago, we just left it unplugged for the night and the next morning, plugged it back in and it was working. Until 3 days ago, we tried the same thing and nothing, we've left the breaker off as well for a while and turned it back on, nothing. The outlet is working, we've tried it, so it's just the dishwasher. 

0 Likes
userVC8FQv8JwN
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We just installed this dishwasher and it started the first time we did a test so we completed the install and went to run a full cycle. It appears to have started to fill with water but never got to the wash cycle before it died. It will not turn back on. We had to drain the water manually. This dishwasher is brand new.

0 Likes