JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Dishwasher will not power on

(Topic created on: 1/20/21 10:06 AM)
userolRLG0OyMc
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My 1 year old dishwasher (dw80k7050ug) will not power on.  From the best that I can determine, there is something wrong with the control panel.  Has anybody had similar issues and/or knows the part # so I can try to order and install a new one? 

532 Replies
userZc4CgMsA1d
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Is there an actual solution to this issue?  My dishwasher intermittently won't power on unless I reset the circuit breaker.  The breaker has not been tripped, but if I flip it off and then back on, power is restored to the dishwasher.  There is no separate switch for the DW and my hands aren't soapy (i.e., all the suggestions in the standard response do not apply).  After resetting, the DW will be fine for a few washes, then refuses to power on again.  This started roughly 3 months ago; the unit is 18 months old.

0 Likes
Chillary
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Mine started doing the same thing around 14 months. Its has just gotten worse. I have to reset the breaker too. It doesn't always work.  I find if I reset then don't touch it for 48 hours, it might work

0 Likes
neveragainsamsung
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

the solution is get a new control board.  If your under warranty, the tech guys samsung ships this out to are pretty good.  I learned that these boards are very problematic due to moisture intrusion, apparently from faulty assembly process.  shocking there hasn't been a recall.  The tech says they replace these boards on ~40% of their calls.   If not under warranty, the boards cost a few hundred bucks apparently.   My advice is anyone under warranty should get the board replace as a proactive measure.   btw, I asked to keep my faulty control board and the tech said they cannot do that b/c Samsung wants them back.  I can only hope they are not refurbishing them and putting them back in use, but who knows, maybe that is a good fix too.  frustrating that a company with good product ideas fails to deliver on the quality side.

userZc4CgMsA1d
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I'm with you on "never again."  The unit is over a year old, so not under warranty.  And if I'm going to spend a few hundred dollars, I might as well get something that will last more than a year before developing a problem.  A moisture problem on an item that is used wet, no less.  Almost funny if not so expensive.  Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
JCBPortland
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My Samsung Storm Wash dishwasher will no longer power on.  I have tried everything, including diconnecting the power for at least 15 minutes and resetting the breaker several times.  I have only had the dishwasher for 16 months and it seems that a dishwasher should last a lot longer than that before needing any major repairs.  It has already had one defective part replaced and when the tech from PDX repair he noticed moisture inside the door.  This kind of thing should not be happening.  I look forward to a response.  Thank you

userSp70BLEpJ3
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Newly purchased- less than 4 months old, our stormwash dishwasher has NO power and won't turn on. CIrcut breaker is fine, there is power to the outlet, but the dishwasher has no power. This is the second time in less than a month this has happened. This time i am not getting a response. Please help! It is under warrentty.

0 Likes
userDJ3dLUMECA
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My DW80K5050US will not turn on. Everything else on the circuit works, traced the power all the way to the connection to the dishwasher. I am hearing this is a very common defect, can Samsung replace the control board or at least send a new control board and I can swap it out myself? 

0 Likes
user7ggYCIz142
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This is the second time this has happened in the 1.5 years I've owned this dishwasher.  The first time it started working a few days after this time it hasn't for a month and feel it won't.  Dishwasher model # id DW80K5050US 

Anybody have any ideas? Would think it to be a recall issue?

0 Likes
userH7Ysc54mdR
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My Samsung dishwasher will not power up. 
What can I do

model #DW8ZG8DM693137Z
S# <hidden>

0 Likes
userP9BhzlQrDR
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My DW80K5050US Dishwasher will not power on.  The touchpad is unresponsive.  I've checked the breaker and tried resetting and still nothing.  This appears to be a VERY COMMON issue with this model. This dishwasher came with my house and was brand new when I bought my house less than 2 years ago!  Is there anything that Samsung is willing to do to rectify this "common" problem?

0 Likes