cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Dishwasher will not power on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My 1 year old dishwasher (dw80k7050ug) will not power on.  From the best that I can determine, there is something wrong with the control panel.  Has anybody had similar issues and/or knows the part # so I can try to order and install a new one? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Dishwasher will not power on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can see how your dishwasher not powering on can be problematic. Give the following steps a try:

If your dishwasher turns on with the Power button, but won't start when you touch Start, see our article for Dishwasher doesn't start or fill with water.

1. Touch Power on the dishwasher.

The dishwasher has a Power button that has to be pressed before a cycle can be selected or started. Also, if your hands are wet or soapy, it may not recognize that it has been touched. Make sure your hands are dry when you touch the buttons on the control panel.

The Power button has to be clean, as well. If it's dirty or covered in grime, gently wipe it clean with a soft damp cloth, and try again.

2. Check the circuit breaker.

Check the circuit breaker for any tripped circuits. If so, reset the breaker. If it continues to trip, contact an electrician to diagnose the issue.

3. Check the switch near the dishwasher.

Most homes have a switch (like a light switch) on the wall in the kitchen, near the dishwasher, that turns power to it on and off. If your home has this switch, verify it is in the on position.

If the above troubleshooting steps didn't help, here are some service options:

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.

- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed.

- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message one of our moderators to have service processed. http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

- If you're OUT of warranty, you the following link to locate a service center in your area by using 

the link below

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

523 REPLIES 523
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried turning off the breaker for 5 minutes? Do other items work on the same outlet? 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Other items do work on the breaker. I had the breaker off for an extended period of time, but nothing changed when I turned it back on. A few weeks ago, the panel was unresponsive (power was on but none of the buttons worked).  I turned the breaker off at that time and it reset the machine, allowing me to use it until yesterday.  

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please send us a private message with the full serial number: http://bit.ly/2mcMgp1

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Was the cause of this issue ever identified? I am encountering the same issue. It stops working until you cut the power for a couple days then it works for a while again.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send us a private message with the serial number?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem, under 1 year old. Is there a fix for this issue?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

user01Y390xvsq, please send us a private message with the full serial number: http://bit.ly/2mcMgp1

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Send us a private message with your serial number as well.  

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing happened to me. Purchased in April 2017. Now it's November 2017 and it's dead. It's way too expensive of a dishwasher for so many of us to be having this issue. I should have listened to everyone who told me not to get a samsung. At least there's social media so we can warn others.