Original topic:

Dishwasher will not power on

(Topic created on: 8/28/17 8:23 AM)
userolRLG0OyMc
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My 1 year old dishwasher (dw80k7050ug) will not power on.  From the best that I can determine, there is something wrong with the control panel.  Has anybody had similar issues and/or knows the part # so I can try to order and install a new one? 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
532 Replies
userP6qm5z8zS2
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Samsung customer servcie:

I have met the same problem with the samsung dishwasher DW80K5050US. It is so bad and so frustrating. Please provide the instructions or guidlines about how to fix this issue. Or I think all people in this thread should contact with Bureau of Consumer Protection or the higher level of  Samsung management. This is so bad to Samsung reputation.

thanks

0 Likes
Coyote311
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Same thing just happened to my dishwasher yesterday.  I tried turning the power off at the breaker for an hour.  Then over-night.  Nothing.  Still won't power on. 

0 Likes
SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

When your dishwasher doesn't turn on, it could be nothing to fret about. It could just be a tripped circuit breaker or a switch that needs to be flipped. There are a few things to check out to get your dishwasher back up and running.

If the issue has been occurring since installation, service is not required. Verify that the proper electrical requirements are met. 

Touch Power on the dishwasher.
The dishwasher has a Power button that has to be pressed before a cycle can be selected or started. Also, if your hands are wet or soapy, it may not recognize that it has been touched. Make sure your hands are dry when you touch the buttons on the control panel.

Check the circuit breaker.
Check the circuit breaker for any tripped circuits. If so, reset the breaker. If it continues to trip, contact an electrician to diagnose the issue.

Check the switch near the dishwasher.
Most newer homes have a switch (like a light switch) on the wall in the kitchen, near the dishwasher, that turns power to it on and off. If your home has this switch, verify it is in the on position.

If the dishwasher still doesn't turn on, please send your full model code and serial number via private message or call 1-800-SAMSUNG for service options.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userWbtNBcJfxk
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I feel like I've joined a club: the "why the heck has my two year old dishwasher suddenly died club". Same thing happened to me this week. Samsung sent an "authorized rep" out to charge me $100 and say it was a mass infestation of bugs who ATE THE DANG THING. My exterminator disagrees. No other sign of infestation and then low and behold after a few days of not using it (and the circuit being flipped right after it died). .. it's alive. For now. Is this machine just [edit]? Did anyone find peace and resolution in their Samsung experience? Are we all Maytag and whirlpool converts now? Hesitant to get it "fixed" again since the last time went so well...

0 Likes
userWbtNBcJfxk
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

for people currently googling "stormwash dishwasher not turning on" and coming across this thread, welcome. It's 2020 and I'm also having the same issues with my two year old dishwasher and some negative :thumbs_down: interactions with the Samsung service reps. To recap 28 pages of complaints in this thread: we all have the same problem, no one has posted any positive "they fixed it" responses, Samsung will try to make you feel like an cottenheaded ninnymuggins re: "is your power on?" style questions, and a majority of the posters have given up and moved to Whirlpool. 

0 Likes
userDQHEBw7kfq
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I'm having this issue as well. I would like to know what the resolution is other than replacing this unit.  Is there no longer a samsung rep that we are suposed to DM with our serial number?

0 Likes
soccercoach10
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My Samsung DW80K7050US will not power on either.  Checked circuit breaker and it's fine.  There is no switch in the kitchen that controls the dishwasher.  Please help

0 Likes
SamsungSamantha
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello there! Thanks for reaching out, on the dishwasher do you have any error codes or any flashing lights? Have you tried flipping the circuit breaker as a way to reset the dishwasher?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
soccercoach10
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

No flashing lights, no lights at all. I tried flipping the circuit breaker and no luck. 

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This type of issue will need to be addressed by having the unit serviced. Since it is out of warranty, you can use the following link to find a list of service centers near you that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes