cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Samsung dishwasher DW80K5050US / does not power on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We bought it about 18 months back. The touch control started giving us hard time few months back and now is does not at all power on. We spent about an hour fiddling with the circuit breaker and touch controls this morning and finally it came on, but it is very frustrating. Our old mechanical system was 15 years old and we replaced the working one with this junk. 

We need to have it fixed by Samsung. It must be a desing defect for the control panel to stop working in 18 months.

I tried to add this message to the existing chain, but the forum would not let me add it, hence I had to create a new one.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Samsung dishwasher DW80K5050US / does not power on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It seems to be a design defect as the location of the connectors and electronics in the control panel are direct in path of the steam coming out during the drying process, it is only a matter of time, usually 1-2 years, and the part fails and by that time one is out of warranty too. A very celverly designed process to mint money with the replacement parts sales.

It is a classic case for a class action law- suit.

Highlighted
Constellation

Diswasher DWK5050UG won't power on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

3rd time this has happened, dishwasher is right around 1 year old. 

1st & 2nd times I reset the breaker and it worked  3rd time was not the charm. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Diswasher DWK5050UG won't power on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userAyWDmMZcg1 I am sorry to hear about your concern! Will you please send a private message with the model code and serial number so I may see what options are available? http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Dishwasher dw80k5050us light indicator on but will not power on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Dishwasher was working fine last night. This morning woke up to a beeping sound. Checked for troubleshoot options online which suggested to turn off the unit by turning off the breaker. After doing that, unit came back on and the beeping was gone. The light indicator is on. However, none of the other buttons are working so cannot power on the unit.

Model is dw80k5050us

Seems like this is a common issue with this dishwasher. How can I fix it?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Dishwasher dw80k5050us light indicator on but will not power on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you have an error code? Give this a shot: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001914/

Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung dishwasher DW80K5050US Is not getting any power

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Samsung dishwasher model DW80K5050US is not getting power. It worked two days ago but now it is not turning on. Any help would be much appreciated. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Samsung dishwasher DW80K5050US Is not getting any power

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same issue. Took the panel off (easy to do 6 screws or so) to find it had water in the circuit board.  Another post had this issue and their connection to the panel was corroded. If you're fortunate and catch it before that, I left the panel off for a few days and canned air dried it and that fixed the issue.  Also adding a liquid rubber gasket to hopefully prevent this issue. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Dishwasher DW80K5050US won't power on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have power going to the dishwasher and its live.

It worked last week I went to do a load and I cant get the powe on.

Is there a fuse somewhere?

Highlighted
Astronaut

Dishwasher less than 1 year old won’t power on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model dw80k5050us lost power and won't power up even after breaker and power reset. Help