cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Dishwasher will not power on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing happened to our dishwasher. We're 5 months out of warranty so Samsung wants us to pay over $200 just to diagnose the problem. Did I mention our Samsung microwave conked out after 13 months, too? I've seen some DIY fixes which I'll try - removing the faceplate to dry off componenents - but fully expect to buy a new unit. Not a Samsung, of course. The original appliances in our old rental unit are chugging along with no problems after 8 years. What a joke.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having same issue with my dishwasher. I figure it's the panel but can't find anywhere for reasonable price. 

part DD82-01093A

Highlighted
Astronaut

Dishwasher DW80R5060UG

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I purchased this dishwashing unit less than 6 months ago and this morning the unit will not power on at all. I reset breakers. Checked the plug. Nothing. It's very upsetting something so new is having issues already

Highlighted
Constellation

Dishwasher

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Samsung model DW80F600uts. It will not power on. Thought it was outlet. Checked outlet and power supply, all is good. It will not do anything all of the sudden. I have loved this washer except for front panel never looking clean. But it cleans dishes well! All of sudden it does nothing! Help!

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Dishwasher

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model DW80R5061US purchased July 2020 and had the exact same problem.  Nightmare trying to get through to Samsung and get service scheduled and that ended up being two weeks out.  Samsung txt-bot-person scheduled it for 10/23 and when the service rep finally called it was 11/2.  Service folks said Samsung just lies about when things are scheduled to make folks happy.  So frustrating.     I had shut off breaker and that didn't work, but after a few days, suddenly it the power button worked again.   Not trusting anything based on this thread.. wish I was smart enough to find this before making the purchase.   I have to replace the rest of my appliances and am definately going elsewhere.. ugh.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Dishwasher

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is happening to me too, same model DW80F600UTS. Earlier this week, our dishwashwer did not power on and we reset the circuit to the whole house and then the dishwasher turned back on. Today the dishwasher is not working again and we tried the same circuit breaker trick but it did not work. This seems to be an issue that has been happening a lot based on the disucussion forums. What is the fix for this?

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having this exact issue, Model #DW80R9950UG. Cycled circuit breaker, plug, power button. No response at all from the panel. Disappointing to see so many people for so many years having the same problem with no actual solution.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought 8 Samsung appliances from Costco when I remodeled my house in 2017.  

So far two of the appliances have acted up.

Dishwasher:  Model # DW80K7050US.

Dishwasher did not power on and we reset the circuit to DW 3X's and then the dishwasher finally turns back on.  I have had to repeat this a dozen times. 

I have ordered a part (“top control Panel” from Samsung part SAMSUNG DD82-01336A)

The Dishwasher is out of warranty and to call in a repair Rep is the same cost as the part. Spending another $200.00 dollar on a part after I spent a $1000 for the dishwasher !!! Samsung needs to step up on their product support.  52 Pages of complaints clearly signals a manufacturing problem.

The other issue I have is the design of the Leak Check sensor - Throws a LC code.   It will run all night trying to evacuate the remaining water in the system and never shut off.  This is clearly dangerous as the components heat up.  Of major concern with this is most people will set their machines to wash while they asleep.  Any machine that continuously runs as part of the design is a fire hazard. I have to power OFF the machine off at the panel.  Samsung put the sensor at the low point in a warpable plastic pan. I understand their logic but the design is faulty.  

It turns out, the LC code goes off even if there is the slightest of humidity on the plastic.  (it conducts current too easy and activates the LC sensor  - Samsung Part DD94-01062A)  A float type valve would be more reliable shutoff for leaks.  Also a design feature that limits how long the machine will run with the LC sensor activated is in order.

The quality control of the LC sensor production is substandard.  The probes wobble and are uneven.  This causes issues and throws a LC code when there is no water in the pan.  The only solution I have found is to put two small washers between the LC sensor and the screw attachments.   This lifts the sensor up 1/16th of an inch off the plastic pan and is sufficient to stop the LC from throwing the LC code when there is humidity on the bottom plastic panel.  It is still low enough to throw a LC code and activate the water removal if there is a real leak.