Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Dishwasher won’t power on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model number DW80K7050US 

diswasher  will not power on. I have reset the circuit and there is no power switch that controls it. 
I see others have said it was something wrong with the control panel board? 
this is ridiculous I barely use this diswasher and it is only a year and a half old.  

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Dishwasher won’t power on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When touch the power button on your dishwasher are any lights flashing? Can you send me a private message with your full serial number? I would love to look into this further for you. http://bit.ly/2tCGnGK

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When touch the power button on your dishwasher are any lights flashing? Can you send me a private message with your full serial number? I would love to look into this further for you. http://bit.ly/2tCGnGK

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Any resolution?  Can anyone tell me what the culprit for what this (appears to be common) problem is.  I have a DW80K7050UG, 2 years old, that quit mid wash.  Completely dead.  Won't power on at at (and yes...it has power and the breaker did not reset).  This is actually the second unit, the first starting acting up at 9 months and was replaced because they don't have any service techs in my area.    I was migrating my kitchen

appliances to Samsung but now second guessing my decision

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My DW80K5050US dishwasher will not power on - no lights at all. It was powered off at the breaker for 4 months with water turned off as well. Upon our return, it seems as dead as a doornail. Power does get to the outlet but no reaction at all when pressing buttons on the control panel. Any ideas?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Dishwasher (DW80K7050UG) purchased 5/25/19 and today is 11/22/20, so it is about 18 months old.  Dishwasher not powering on just like you reported. This is the first instance of this problem.  No lights or sounds. When the power button is pushed, no response.  I turned off the breaker then turned back on.  I confirmed that was not the problem by taking off the bottom pannel on the dishwasher and confirming that power was coming to the dishwasher at the electrical connection.  I will try to shut off breaker overnight and see what happens in the morning.  I will try to open the top of the door tomorrow if it does not work.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I found a solution that worked for about a year.

My washer (dw80k7050us) is a little over two years old.  It went fully dead about a year ago. I am not handy but I'm lucky in that when I take things apart, do a little cleaning, and put them back together, they often start working again. It happened here. I unscrewed all the screws at the top inside the door. I also removed the screws on the side (but I do not think this is required - Just remove the top two on each side or you will have a headache getting it all back together). I unplugged the connections, plugged them back in, waited a couple of hours and put it all back together. I think it was having the door opened up that solved it by drying out the inside of the door - This lines up with the issue where the washer turns on if you wait a couple of days. I also took apart the area at the bottom where the motherboard is (again, I do not think this is necessary). I did this a year ago and it just went dead again for the first time yesterday. While it shouldn't happen at all, a little work once a year is better than buying a new unit.

I just followed the simple steps above (remove top and first two side screws, and pull the door apart a little to air out) and it turned right on. I'm going to leave it out, maybe even over night, and skip the other steps (unscrewing the bottom side screws and cleaning out the door, and messing with the motherboard. I suspect this will get me another year.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having this problem as well. My dishwasher is less than a year old (new installation in a new construction home). We have only used it for 3 months. I attempted to schedule service under warranty, and Samsung offered a service window 4 days from now. I confirmed that window, but when the repair service contacted me a few minutes later, they offered me an appointment three weeks later! A three week wait for service on a new appliance which has completely failed is unreasonable. I see hundreds of community postings about this same problem. I am very disappointed.