Original topic:

Door open detection not working

(Topic created on: 2/12/21 8:29 AM)
userIUomF9aNdD
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have a 3 door refrigerator. Suddenly the fridge is not detecting when the left door is open.

Opening the left door does not turn off the light or prevent the use of the water dispenser. Where is the detection switch and how can I troubleshoot it? 

3 Replies
SamsungBri
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

To better assist you, can you provide us with your full model code/number? Also, have the doors been removed recently?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userIUomF9aNdD
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Model RF23HTEDBSR

Nothing has been done to the doors. Everything was working fine then suddenly the door detect stopped working. I only first realized because the light would not come on when the left door is open.

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

The lighting uses a magnetic switch in the door frame, and the lights are turned on through the main PCB. I recommend having a service technician determine where the actual fault is.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes