Original topic:

Double wall oven uneven cooking

(Topic created on: 1/18/21 8:47 AM)
userWZBwtZATG3
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi! We just installed the Double wall oven and I am having problems with baked goods baking unevenly. Basically, the outside over-browns while the inside is not cooked properly. 

I have tried using convetion and regular cooking and get the same results. 

How can I fix this issue?

0 Likes
2 Replies
user0Ffg8U7UQ2
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Just bought a Samsung dual oven too. I have baked 3 times in it always gotten uneven results aswell, burnt bottom raw top. Tried different temperatures and different rack heights always same result.

I put a thermometer in and verified that if I set the temperature to 200C degrees, near the door I had 195C and near the gun I had 225C. That's a 30C degree difference! No wonder everything gets burnt.

I advise you do the same try with a termomether to check if there's a unevenness of the temperature in your oven.

I'm thinking of returning my oven. If this is not an option for you, you might be able to call warranty.

0 Likes
userWZBwtZATG3
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Unfortunately, we bought the oven 2 years ago and are just now getting it installed. I'm really upset! It's inconsistent, sometimes the temperature drops by 60 degrees and sometimes it holds. I've tried adjusting the the temp up by 25 degrees (in the Settings) to try and compensate. It seems t have no effect whatsoever. 

I'm currently testing baking biscuits at various temps - with and without convection. They are cooking though, but the bottoms are too brown. The bottoms start browning about 5 minutes in. I am using a light aluminun pan, so it's not a problem of a dark pan. I have the rack set in the second position, so it's not  that it's too close to the bottom heating element. 

It's just a random as to how the oven is going to work on any given day.  Will probably have to call for serive. 

0 Likes