cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Duo Oven NX58M6850SS door won't close all of the way

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Samsung Duo Oven model number NX58M6850SS/AA.  It is 16 months old and the door doesn't close all of the way and causes the lights inside the oven to stay on.  It has worked fin up until the last month.  The top of the door sits 1/4 to 1/2 inch from being fully closed. 

Door closed but see how it is not flush with the frontDoor closed but see how it is not flush with the front

I have inspected the hinges and they are clean and show no signs of wear.

Oven door hingeOven door hinge

If I open only the top oven door and not the entire door there is part of the latch that keeps the frame of the door closed.  If I gently close the top door holding down the button on the handle the door stays closed.  But the slightest pressure on the door and the clip that holds the frame to the door releases and it sticks out again and the light comes on.  Help.

Door is closed but the lights stay onDoor is closed but the lights stay on

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Duo Oven NX58M6850SS door won't close all of the way

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry to hear that, do you see anything around the seal of the oven that could cause it to not close properly? I see that you have looked at the hinges and do not see anything stuck that could be causing the issue. If none of this helps then this will require service, depending on the warranty of the range you do have a couple of options. 

If the range is out of warranty then you can use the link below to find a service center in your area to get set up for service

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

If you are within warranty you can send me or any of the other moderators a private message with your full model and serial number and we can get that set up for you,

Or if you have an extended warranty you can go to your place of purchases to get set up for service. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry to hear that, do you see anything around the seal of the oven that could cause it to not close properly? I see that you have looked at the hinges and do not see anything stuck that could be causing the issue. If none of this helps then this will require service, depending on the warranty of the range you do have a couple of options. 

If the range is out of warranty then you can use the link below to find a service center in your area to get set up for service

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

If you are within warranty you can send me or any of the other moderators a private message with your full model and serial number and we can get that set up for you,

Or if you have an extended warranty you can go to your place of purchases to get set up for service. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for your reply.  Yes I did inspect the seal around the oven to see if there is anything preventing the oven door from closing.  It is clear.  The seal is in tact and nothing is preventing the oven from closing all of the way.

It seems like the hinges have lost some of their strength or the hinges have been slightly degraded.  

I have seen other customers post this same issue on bestbuy.com but no one has offered a solution.

It is frustrating that my oven is out of the 1 year warranty as it was purchased in Nov. 2018.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the exact same problem. The range was just out of the warranty period when the door stopped closing. The latch also started to lock on it's own at times. I never received any answer as to why, but it seems that the latest Samsung kitchen appliances have a lot of defects. I have the Family Hub 4-door Flex, dishwasher and this Duo range and they all have major design and operational flaws. These appliances are way too costly to be so poorly made. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sounds like a class action lawsuit or recall is in order.  I have the same issue with the door not closing all the way and locking on its own.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the exact same problem with my Flex Duo Oven that I purchased August of 2018. (same year, same model)  Do you have a solution yet as to why the door will not remain closed?  I have not used this oven enough to have a problem with the hinges.... and have inspected all hinges and seals around door.  I am baffled as to the problem.

Thanks, DAVE

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Has anyone found a solution to this issue. I also have a flex dual oven and have the exact same issue. As mine is also out of warranty I have taken it apart a little myself and still have found no reasoning the door shouldn't be closing. OMG please help.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here you can see the hinge with enough play the weight of the door keeps it open 1/2-1/4 inchHere you can see the hinge with enough play the weight of the door keeps it open 1/2-1/4 inch

Here you can see I can apply light pressure to get the hinge to align straight up.Here you can see I can apply light pressure to get the hinge to align straight up.

So here is my question now that I know what the problem is. Is the play in the hinge or is it in the hinge receiver? That is the part I cannot figure out and yes I have removed both hinges and both hinge receivers, both appear to be tight just not when they are together in the oven.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I purchased magnets and placed them along the inside top of the oven door. Be sure to use ceramic magnets as they are heat resistant.  6 magnets across the top did the trick. Cost $15 on Amazon.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01MTFEYS6/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_-SZXEbS84X7NJ

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Great idea! Can you post a picture of where you place the magnets?