cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Easy Accidental Turn On

JUMP TO SOLUTION

...Or simply wrap around the knob (i.e. inside the gap between the knob and the panel surface) some ribbon or fine thread until the knob gets as tight as you wish it to be.....do the knot couple of times and cut the extra ribbon..

I used the ribbon (from 99c store)  to tighten our kitchen sink faucet handle which kept moving at a whim..

BTW the ribbon stays invisible  while doing the trouble shooting well....

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

"MAYBE" that works... For YOU... But it's a BS solution for what is clearly a design/manufacturing defect. 

Also, you've no doubt nullified your warranty and literally added "fuel" to any potential fire scenario by putting additional flammable materials into the mix!

No offense, but give your head a shake and consider joining/launching a class action suit. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

...that's what I've done for my 1 year old "General Electric" range already out of warranty.

My  suggestion wasn't meant to downplay your endeavor to go for a class action. Just a make do solution!

p.s. The use of a heat- resistant thread  a good alternative to regular ribbon or thread.Thanks for the alert. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Afternoon, I recently bought this same unit and have the same issue. I like the groomer idea but how do you take the knobs off to put them?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Grab. Pull. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also called Samsung and they told me that it was designed to turn on easily. They said not many people complained about this problem but there were a few. Our oven has turned on many times accidentally. It is "extremely" dangerous and Samsung is willing to do NOTHING to rectify the problem. They told me to buy child knob protectors so they can't be turned. I'm not putting baby locks on my stove. I am going to try the grommet idea. SAMSUNG... YOU NEED TO STEP UP! Mail out new safety kobs to all your customers. You need to rectify this problem before someone gets killed because of this design flaw. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We "DESIGNED it that way to start fires more easily."

Right.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was checking to see if a recall has been made. I have had 3 situation with my glass top burners turning and causing burning of 2 air fryers and expolsion of a glass jar. So fed up. I am glad there is a fix i can do on my own. But samsung should be accountable for the bad design.  Grrr.  They sure didnt mind receiving payment for it. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Me as well <hidden>

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would certainly be interested in helping, it caught my Tea kettle on fire and melted it to my cooktop.