Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Easy Accidental Turn On

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had the same issue and with a little one in the house my wife is concerned enough to want me to get rid of it and go with an LG, so I'm praying Samsung comes out with a solution so I don't have to have an oddball appliance and lose the money I spent on it.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Ksulezell, Could you send us a private message with the full model and serial number?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I am also very concerned about this issue. We have had accidental turn-on with our gas range and with numerous young grandchildren around have had several potentially dangerous incidents. Fortunately we are vigilant, but all I have to do is brush against it and the thing turns on. My pregnant daughter is finding it frustrating when she is over for Sunday dinners and her belly creates a flame-up on a burner as she brushes against the stove! Ready to sell on craigslist and take the loss, but I, too have concerns for the safety of others. Help!
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Our dog has turned the stove on twice already just by leaning against it and almost started a fire! We also have turned it on accidently several times and burned items sitting on top. Once you lean slightly against it, the knob turns automatically to make the burner warm up.  I just got off the phone with Samsung and they said that the knobs comply with regulations and there are no replacements because of that. I was enraged that Samsung does not care if my family dies in a house fire that their stove caused. They would not even let me speak to a manager. I am ready to join the class action suit, just tell me where to sign up for it!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

One of our cats turned our gas stove on when he jumped up on the stove for some stupid cat reason.  We keep the knobs off now unless we are cooking.  I had also brushed agains them when reaching into a high above stove cabinet and turned it on.  The stove looks terrible without the knobs but better that than a fried cat or burnt down house.  It's annoying.  A friend of mine had an electric glass top stove where the same thing happened when they brushed past it.  It is a definite hazard.  They know about it but aren't doing anything?  I wish we had bought a GE.  Never happened with my GEs.  

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've accidentally turned my new stovetop range on 5 times now - it's going to cause a fire!  I LOVE the range BUT had no idea how dangerous it is.  Is there a fix for the knobs?  Please help!

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Writing again.... did it again last night.  Please help!  Will knob protectors work - I need to secure the house before I leave each day and I'm concerned about fire.  Would like to hear from Samsung directly as I fear a recall or lawsuit is in the future.  

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@MFColorado: Please send us a private message.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There is no way to send a private message - what info or suggestions are you looking for?  Looking to hear back today.  Thanks!