cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cosmic Ray

Re: Easy Accidental Turn On

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Writing again.... did it again last night.  Please help!  Will knob protectors work - I need to secure the house before I leave each day and I'm concerned about fire.  Would like to hear from Samsung directly as I fear a recall or lawsuit is in the future.  

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@MFColorado: Please send us a private message.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There is no way to send a private message - what info or suggestions are you looking for?  Looking to hear back today.  Thanks!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

http://bit.ly/2ihPL97 is the link to send a private message with your model, serial number, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and place of purchase.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would like to know if there are replacements parts that can be purchased that will make this oven safer?  That would be an easy fix and we won't have have replace the entire unit.

Has anyone out there actually received help from the Samsung Appliance Tech that is scheduled to come to my house?  I'm not hopeful in that I've not seen anyone on this site recorda solution for this fire hazard.

Thanks.

Cosmic Ray

Re: One Solution to Accidental Oven Knob Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Had a Samsung appliance repair man come out.  There is NOTHING that can be done for the ovens that are easily accidentally turned on.   As long as the appliance is "functioning according to specs" there is no fix.

So disappointed BUT that being said..... the man who came out suggested I do something until Samsung designs a safer knob for their ovens (both gas and electric).

For NOW... and for peace of mind... this is what I did.  I took a regular clothespin and broke it apart.  It wedges perfectly behind the two outside knobs.  It alerts me that there's an oven issue AND it prevents me from accidentally bumping up against the knobs and turning on a burner.  Click on the little icon to the right of this post to see pic.

Won't buy a Samsung oven again however because this is a huge fire hazard.

Constellation

Re: One Solution to Accidental Oven Knob Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Looks like a great temporary safeguard! Thanks for posting

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would like to start a recall. This is a huge hazard. My kids nearly burnt the house down by brushing up against it as they walked by. VERY dangerous! I will contact the paper if something isn't done about this.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Our gas stove has been turned on several times where just the gas came on but no flame. Our whole house was filled with natural gas before anyone realized what happened. We had to open windows for several hours to clear out the gas. I’m so thankful our house didn’t explode. Something has to be fixed on these ranges!  I don’t plan on ever buying another Samsung appliance if they don’t do something to correct this dangerous situation. 

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We've had 3 instancesof the stovetop being accidently turned on. It is certainly dangerous! Just ordered the grommets for pick up at my local homedepot. Samsung's attitude towards this is unbelievibly unacceptable!