Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Easy Accidental Turn On

JUMP TO SOLUTION

http://bit.ly/2ihPL97 is the link to send a private message with your model, serial number, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and place of purchase.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would like to know if there are replacements parts that can be purchased that will make this oven safer?  That would be an easy fix and we won't have have replace the entire unit.

Has anyone out there actually received help from the Samsung Appliance Tech that is scheduled to come to my house?  I'm not hopeful in that I've not seen anyone on this site recorda solution for this fire hazard.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: One Solution to Accidental Oven Knob Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Had a Samsung appliance repair man come out.  There is NOTHING that can be done for the ovens that are easily accidentally turned on.   As long as the appliance is "functioning according to specs" there is no fix.

So disappointed BUT that being said..... the man who came out suggested I do something until Samsung designs a safer knob for their ovens (both gas and electric).

For NOW... and for peace of mind... this is what I did.  I took a regular clothespin and broke it apart.  It wedges perfectly behind the two outside knobs.  It alerts me that there's an oven issue AND it prevents me from accidentally bumping up against the knobs and turning on a burner.  Click on the little icon to the right of this post to see pic.

Won't buy a Samsung oven again however because this is a huge fire hazard.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: One Solution to Accidental Oven Knob Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Looks like a great temporary safeguard! Thanks for posting

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would like to start a recall. This is a huge hazard. My kids nearly burnt the house down by brushing up against it as they walked by. VERY dangerous! I will contact the paper if something isn't done about this.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Our gas stove has been turned on several times where just the gas came on but no flame. Our whole house was filled with natural gas before anyone realized what happened. We had to open windows for several hours to clear out the gas. I’m so thankful our house didn’t explode. Something has to be fixed on these ranges!  I don’t plan on ever buying another Samsung appliance if they don’t do something to correct this dangerous situation. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We've had 3 instancesof the stovetop being accidently turned on. It is certainly dangerous! Just ordered the grommets for pick up at my local homedepot. Samsung's attitude towards this is unbelievibly unacceptable!

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You are correct about SAMSUNGs uncaring attitude. I’m glad you have those grommets ordered. You’ll have to push the knob in a little bit harder to turn it but it’s well worth the effort and it will never turn on so easy. I can’t believe how lucky we were to discover the accidental turn ons we had before something terrible happened,  and there were several times. We’ve had none since the grommets were put on. Good luck. Howard

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We just had the same thing happen today. A package left on the counter caught fire after an apparent knob bump.  Thank god my daughter got up to check the noises she was hearing, which turned out to be the plastic wrapped items (clothing) in the box melting and catching fire. She doused the flames and then broke down with emotion and was completely  distressed when she called me.   You’re right; just cleaning or reaching accidentally turns it on high.  I shudder to think what could have occurred had she not been vigilant.  

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Glad to hear there was no injury or death or burned down house. There has been so many close calls posted here. I know it’s going to be just a matter of time until we read about a catastrophe. I hope you will look into those grommets we've been discussing. They will eliminate the very easy turn on. This company SAMSUNG has no interest in this problem. In fact, they told me the knobs were designed to turn that easy. Please check out those grommets, very easy cheap fix, or look into a different oven manufacturer. Good luck, and thanks for posting what happened to you.

Howard S