cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Easy Accidental Turn On

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Our home did catch fire. Pup bumped the knob. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My cat slipped on the oven and turned the burner on, we woke up in the middle of the night to the whole oven on fire and my microwave( also Samsung) melting. 
my whole kitchen is destroyed along with smoke and soot damage through my whole house. 
we are displaced for months 

something needs to be done about this before someone dies 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the model and serial numbers for the range, along with pictures of the damage, to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for the images.  Were you able to get the model number or anything in regards to the unit?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought my stove less than a year ago.  Many times the burners have came on from someone accidentally rubbing up against the knows.  I had a glass pan of brownies on the burner and thank God I was awake to smell they were burning.  

Samsung you need to fix this before houses or even worse lives are lost because of your poorly made products.  

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have had the same issue. Very dangerous design flaw! When we called Samsung it seemed like it was new news. Now we see that they are well aware of the problem. What will it take, some one to be killed?? Please update if there will be legal action. Thank you!

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would certainly love to be involved in any action against Samsung about these knobs. We went to bed one night and woke up to fire alarms going off. We came out and found my Tea kettle melting and it damaged my cooktop. Luckily, our fire sprinklers did not go off because that would have damaged the whole house. I am not going to stop until I get satisfaction!!!!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Our home caught on fire due to our puppy bumping the knob. Humans knew the knobs turned on too easy. Pup did not. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userNYBxx9uZ; I'm very sorry to hear this. Were there any damages to the home and is everybody okay? Please send us a private message to the link with more information on your concern. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I found a similar solution. My local Ace hardware has stepped rubber grommets. The firstone I got was3/4 x 1/4 inch. It worked, but I had to push them in a little harder than I like (I don't have smalle kids - these would be better for small kids!), so I went back and got the 5/8 x 1/4. They look a little bigger than the onew in the pciture above, but they work well. The grommets are in the parts drawers in the hardware section - look for "Grommets" (may be "rubber grommets". The smaller side goes toward the range.