cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Easy Accidental Turn On

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The Samsung rep told me today that I was the only person having this issue...  clearly I am not!! 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The Samsung rep told me today that I was the only person having this issue...  clearly I am not!! Please message me if there is any class action... I have 6 kids at home & a rag caught fire today...  luckily my husband was home <hidden>.... Samsung said if I cared about my kids safety I would purchase their knob protectors!! Rediculous 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you are able to get the class action going, please message me - I would be happy to join and give whatever information I could. We have had 5 issues so far, and I am terrified we are going to have our house burned down from this! 

My email is <HIDDEN> if the message boards will let it post ... 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Uploaded from community android app.

There's a man who posted this solution a couple of days ago - WORKS GREAT!  Go to Home Depot and get 9/32 inch neoprene grommets - remove your oven knob and place as shown in picture.  Then put the knobs back on. It will require extra effort to push and turn the knobs BUT you won't accidentally turn on the burners!

We have had many issues with this - Samsung came out and said there is "nothing they can do because the oven is performing to specifications."  This is an awful design.  It is happening with the induction ovens and the gas ovens.

See if you can reference his post above.  Hope this helps - it has certainly solved the problem for now - until they resdesign.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for this suggestion.  I agree the stove is dangerous and I am surprised there is not a class suit already for this 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was just about to return this stove in my truck until seeing this post.  THANK YOU for sharing!  If this doesn't work, I'm gonna be bummed.

Dear Samsung - please increase the resisitance/tension on the control knobs, AND enable locking the cook top!  That should be a no brainer!

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

REALLY????...are you SERIOUS "Go to Home Depot ...get grommets ...remove your knobs as shown in picture...put the knobs back on????

I've got a BETTER IDEA!

Don't you think it would be more logical...more fair...more reasonable, if SAMSUNG were to "go to Home Depot" and buys 10,000 neoprene grommets....then THEY send a service technician over to your home and the home of everyone else in North America who owns one of these potential FIRE-STARTERS,  and do the required repairs? 

It'll cost them a lot of money to fix or replace every range they've sold in this series...all the ones with easily turned-on front control knobs...but not nearly as much as a class action lawsuit might cost them.

Email me at <HIDDEN>, with "I OWN A SAMSUNG FIRESTARTER" in the SUBJECT LINE, and find out about participating in a lawsuit to have your stove repaired or replaced.....by SAMSUNG, not yourself....in order to protect you, your loved ones and your property against possible injury, damage or destruction

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Today one of the burners was accidentally and unknowingly turned on when we left the house, leaving my husband who is partially deaf, upstairs alone in the house.  A glass dish of cooked brownies was sitting on top of the stove and happened to be sitting on the burner that was accidentally turned on.  Fortunately he smelled smoke and came downstairs to a smoke filled kitchen and an exploded glass food container that was holding burning brownies.  We had a huge mess but more important, we could have lost our home or a loved one.  Samsung's response that their design meets required standards is a defensive response that is not helpful.  I am 63 and have had multiple stovetops in my lifetime and I have never experienced one that is accidentally turned on like this one.  Shame on Samsung for their  response.  At a minimum put in a recall or send out repairman to modify the design.  This stovetop is a huge fire hazard.  I'd be happy if Samsung fixed the problem but since they don't, I'm happy to join a class action suit.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This might be a "working" solution...but has anybody thought about the possibility that doing this on their own, using non-Samsung "parts" purchased from Home Depot...might VOID their WARRANTY?

Just sayin. Have you read the "fine print"?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It DOES void your warranty, as I think I mentioned over a year ago in this forum.