cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Easy Accidental Turn On

JUMP TO SOLUTION
We installed the grommets last summer and it works great; however, you still need to double or triple check the knobs. Somehow today even with the grommets installed one of the knobs must have been accidentally bumped into before leaving the house. Returned about 20 minutes later to a house filling with smoke. We had a plastic stove top cover on top of the glass stovetop and a glass cutting board on that side of the stove top cover. Both which had melted away just over that burner. If we would have been 10 minutes later I'm sure we would have come home to a fire. So even though you have the grommets installed make sure you check the knobs often, especially if you are leaving the house. Will recommend a stove with a different arrangement of knobs to all my friends from now on. Never again will I purchase a stove with knobs in the front.
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
We installed the grommets last summer and it works great; however, you still need to double or triple check the knobs. Somehow today even with the grommets installed one of the knobs must have been accidentally bumped into before leaving the house. Returned about 20 minutes later to a house filling with smoke. We had a plastic stove top cover on top of the glass stovetop and a glass cutting board on that side of the stove top cover. Both which had melted away just over that burner. If we would have been 10 minutes later I'm sure we would have come home to a fire. So even though you have the grommets installed make sure you check the knobs often, especially if you are leaving the house. Will recommend a stove with a different arrangement of knobs to all my friends from now on. Never again will I purchase a stove with knobs in the front.
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem that samsung is choosing to ignore.  I have bumped the knobs several times in the two plus years I've had a samsung range and noticed that a burner has been accidentally turned on.  Tonight however it happened while a dish towel was on the burner and after it had been bumped on everyone had left the kitchen.  At least I now know for sure that my smoke detectors work!  My range is over two years old and Samsung is still manufacturing and selling ranges with the same design flaw.  Someday someone will bump their range just before leaving their house or going upstairs to bed in a house where maybe the smoke detector doesn't work, and there will be a real tragedy and legal consequences.  Hopefully it only costs Samsung a lot of money and not someone their life.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user5EkVKdwAdz: Could you send us a private message with your full model and serial number?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted

Easy Accidental Turn On

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have figured out a solution that is workable and easy to The Accidental knob turning the cooktop on. all it requires you to do is go to a local hardware store pickup for rubber grommets as shown on the attached pictures. the grommets are 1/2 inch round with a quarter inch whole and they are 3/16 inch thick. in order to use the cooktop it only requires a little extra push to be able to turn. it cannot turn by being hit by something accidentally. https://www.fastenal.com/products/details/11120321

Uploaded from community android app.Uploaded from community android app.

Highlighted

Easy Accidental Turn On

JUMP TO SOLUTION
an additional picture

Uploaded from community android app.Uploaded from community android app.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

THANK you - this has  been a HUGE help!  Please continue to post this for all those who are struggling with this dangerous issue.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you so much for this tip! 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thank you! This has put my mind at ease after my house almost caught fire. A quick and easy "fix".
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Glad it helped!  You can also "lock" the touchscreen as well - see your manual.