I have the same problem that samsung is choosing to ignore. I have bumped the knobs several times in the two plus years I've had a samsung range and noticed that a burner has been accidentally turned on. Tonight however it happened while a dish towel was on the burner and after it had been bumped on everyone had left the kitchen. At least I now know for sure that my smoke detectors work! My range is over two years old and Samsung is still manufacturing and selling ranges with the same design flaw. Someday someone will bump their range just before leaving their house or going upstairs to bed in a house where maybe the smoke detector doesn't work, and there will be a real tragedy and legal consequences. Hopefully it only costs Samsung a lot of money and not someone their life.