cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Easy Accidental Turn On

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm going to try to attach the solution I got from someone on this site..... it has been an awesome fix!  No more accidental turn on - and I feel much much safer!

Go to Home Depot and get these neoprene grommets immediately - remove your knobs on the oven and place grommets as indicated.  The knobs will STILL function but will require effort to push in and turn - it's been a literal life saver.

Let me know if you have questions.  Samsung should be delivering these to every household that has the poor design of an oven. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry the pictures did not attach.  I'd love to know more because this is very disturbing.  And thank you so much for your help.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Easy Accidental Turn On - Good Fix for NOW

JUMP TO SOLUTION

IMG_3533.JPGIMG_3579.JPGIMG_3581.JPG

Go to your local Home Depot and get these neoprene grommets - remove the knobs on oven and place grommet on center mechanism - then replace knobs.  You will have to use quite a bit of effort to push and turn the knobs on but it won't affect the way the stovetop works and it is FAR SAFER.  I haven't accidentally turned on the stove now since I did this. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Easy Accidental Turn On - Good Fix for NOW

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, it "works"... but cost wasn't covered nor was the work performed by the negligent manufacturer... AND your warranty is now VOID. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Had my sister mail the grommets to me in Canada as our Home Depots don't carry that size. Just got them and have installed. Here's to feeling safer! 6 accidental starts too many!!! 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue here.  Does anyone know if a class action was ever initiated.  Clearly there is a serious issue with several Samsung stove models (if not all) and surely serious damage has been done.  At my house we have had some very close calls over the years.  The most recent today where an appliance with a plastic base that was near the edge of the stove melted.  Fortunately we smelled the burning plastic before a fire started.  Had we left the house, the result may have been dramaticaly different.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thx for this.. I went to Home Depot and we bought 4! seems to work well! Why hasn't SS responded to this!
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
How do I send a private message
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This just happened today with this fire hazard. Our stove is ruined!  I want a replaced purse and a new stove. Please contact me asap! 

Here are pictures of the stove and the coach purse. 

The lock only locks the control panel and the range door (not the knobs) 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would also like to find a solution to this problem and would be happy to join a class action.  This is a problem we've had with our gas range and it is a real concern, especially with numerous grandchildren.  Happy to send private email with model and serial numbers.