We have had the same issue many times. As recent as tonight. My husband went into the kitchen area and smelled something burning. A plastic Tupperware lid that was set on the stove was burning and melting to the stove because the burner accidentally turned on when I stood near it and must have bumped it.. Samsung should be responsible for these defective stoves, before something very serious happens.
I'm going to try to attach the solution I got from someone on this site..... it has been an awesome fix! No more accidental turn on - and I feel much much safer!
Go to Home Depot and get these neoprene grommets immediately - remove your knobs on the oven and place grommets as indicated. The knobs will STILL function but will require effort to push in and turn - it's been a literal life saver.
Let me know if you have questions. Samsung should be delivering these to every household that has the poor design of an oven.
Go to your local Home Depot and get these neoprene grommets - remove the knobs on oven and place grommet on center mechanism - then replace knobs. You will have to use quite a bit of effort to push and turn the knobs on but it won't affect the way the stovetop works and it is FAR SAFER. I haven't accidentally turned on the stove now since I did this.
Had my sister mail the grommets to me in Canada as our Home Depots don't carry that size. Just got them and have installed. Here's to feeling safer! 6 accidental starts too many!!!
Same issue here. Does anyone know if a class action was ever initiated. Clearly there is a serious issue with several Samsung stove models (if not all) and surely serious damage has been done. At my house we have had some very close calls over the years. The most recent today where an appliance with a plastic base that was near the edge of the stove melted. Fortunately we smelled the burning plastic before a fire started. Had we left the house, the result may have been dramaticaly different.