cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Easy Accidental Turn On

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, I do lock the touch screen. So far the "fix" seems to be working!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please get that to us as soon as you can.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you! Last night I forgot to remove the knob after cooking and this morning I had another episode of almost setting something on fire. Just placed the order for grommets at Home Depot to pick up today! Samsung needs to ship these grommets to every owner of this type of range. I really hopethis works, I was at the point of replacing my 4 month old range when I found this.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just happened to me. Somehow the burner was turned on and the bags left on the stove were on fire. I had to quickly get mexelderly parents out of the house due to smoke. I suggest getting legal involved. This is a fire hazard.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My house just burnt down on 2 days ago because of this faulty design of the knobs.  I walked by my stove and apparently caught on of the knobs which turned on the back burner and started a fire.  I hope Samsung gets sued by insurance companies. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user7xlSNzVUbi:Could you send us a private message?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This happened to us as well.  Please report to consumer safety hotline 1-800-638-2772.  Maybe they will recall knobs.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same hazard here on my Samsung range.  Four times now, suddenly we discover a burner on, sometimes on HI.  

Usually when cleaning or reaching to the cabinet above the range.   Really liked the range at first but but now we are worried about it.  These switches are way, way too easy to bump and inadvertantly turn ON.    Does Samsung offer any sort of fix for this dangerous issue?    

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Easy Accidental Turn On - Good Fix for NOW

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Go to your local Home Depot and get these neoprene grommets - remove the knobs on oven and place grommet on center mechanism - then replace knobs.  You will have to use a bit of effort to push and turn the knobs on but it won't affect the way the stovetop works and it is FAR SAFER.  I haven't accidentally turned on the stove since I did this. 

Samsung Rep said they will not do anything for this because the oven is "still operating according to specs".  A recall needs to happen in my opinion.  Here are the photos - it really does work!  You can also 'loc" the keypad so the oven doesn't get turned on accidentally - check your manual.

IMG_3533.JPGIMG_3579.JPGIMG_3581.JPG

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Easy Accidental Turn On - Good Fix for NOW

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello! Just checking in to see if you still need assistance.