cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Easy Accidental Turn On

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You are correct - the control pad lock will only keep you from accidentally pressing a key on the front keypad and from opening the oven door.  

I still lock the keypad because one of the options on the keypad is to turn on the "warming" center which is on the stovetop.

You have to install those grommets on the knobs in order to prevent accidentally bumping a knob which will  turn on the stovetop burners.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you mpcolorado!  I will be purchasing those grommets ASAP!  I have had 4 bags burned (thankfully I was nearby and caught them before they caught fire!) and more occasions that it accidentally has turned on.  Sometimes just by bumping and sometimes when my one-year-old turns it on.  I try to keep the knobs off at all times, but sometimes when I'm cooking, I forget to take them back off, and these accidents happen.  I really hope that Samsung will see how serious of an issue this is and get a fix for this range.  I've lost respect for this company through this situation (I also called customer service and they played dumb about the situation, and the customer service rep did not seem knowledgeable enough to be handling these calls anyway.) I will not be giving Samsung anymore business.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I will also try this ! Samsung, I will never will purchase again there should have been a recall! Thank you for your help Samsung should pay you.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had the same problem, could you please send me pictures of how you used the grommets? I just remove my knobs but I hate doing that.

Thank you. [REDACTED]

Debbie

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The control lock does not effect the cooktop

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The control lock does have an affect on the "warming center" located on my cooktop.

You must purchase the grommets I mentioned in previous posts in order to make the stove knobs much more secure.  Samsung will not do anything - they say that the stovetop is "working according to their specifications" so no action is necessary.  Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The child lock doesn’t work with the cooktop, only the oven controls.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The child lock only locks the oven not the burners

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung is supposed to have a tech call me and I'm guessing set up an appointment. From the posts I have read, I expect no help from them. It appears they aren't even good with follow ups and acknowledging complaints. One contributor says after several calls, there is 'no record' of her complaint. These knobs are a design flaw they refuse to address. I am of a mind to send a registered letter sent to them, a copy to my lawyer, and to my children that this problem exists. If my house burns down with me in it, I'll have proof they got my request for help and then I want my family to sue the H*ll out of Samsung. Make this complaint count for something.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

An much safer range knob called "RangeSafe Knob" will be availalbe in about 3-4 months that will fit the Samsung and other ranges, totally preventing accidentally turning on any burner.

Website. www.rangesafe.com

Facebook,   rangesafe