cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Re: Easy Accidental Turn On

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was so excited to purchase my new gas range last month. We have gotten pretty good use out of it and it looks gorgeous in our newly renovated kitchen. However, last night I had the scare of my life when I saw my 6 year old daughter walk by the stove to get a snack and her arm brushed slightly against a knob, the power burner knob in the front, to be exact, and the burner TURNED ON and nearly caught her hair on fire! She jumped back and said “what was that, Mommy!” 

I thought maybe it was a fluke at first and after my nerves settled, I mimicked exactly what she did and the same thing happened to me. I then slightly bumped each knob with just a fingertip and discovered how easily these burners turn and turn on. With a few of the tries, the flame didn’t light, but gas was coming out. So I now not only have the fear of one of my kids catching themselves on fire, but also a knob being bumped and my house filling with gas and possibly exploding?! I cannot believe the amount of posts on this subject with no recall from Samsung. People are having to resort to after market safety knobs or pulling the knobs completely off when the stove is in use?! This is unacceptable. I am a loyal Samsung customer. All of our kitchen appliances and televisions in the home are Samsung. However, this safety hazard is well beyond what I’d expect from your brand and I demand something is done about it before someone is injured or killed. 

Reply
Loading...
Cosmic Ray

Re: Easy Accidental Turn On

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I hope they reach out to you on this board. They did to me and someone is supposed to contact me this week. From all the posts here it doesn’t seem like they feel there is a problem. In the meantime you should check that grommet repair that mpcolorado posted. They’re about a buck apiece at Home Depot and does require more effort to turn the knob. After installing those I tried many ways to bump the knob and was not able to turn it on by bumping. Good luck.

Reply
Loading...
Cosmic Ray

Re: Easy Accidental Turn On

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey Wendy. Just to let you know Samsung did call me. It seems these knobs were designed to turn easily and that is that. They asked me if I had ant damages. My answer was no. I guess if there was monetary damages they would look into a claim. I told the person they wasted my time and unfortunately my house didn’t burn down. As you, I was a big fan of Samsung products, two televisions, refridgerator and oven. I was looking to get a microwave but there will never be another Samsung product in this house. These ovens will kill somebody eventually. Wendy, please look into tjose grommets as a temporary aid for you and your familys safety. 

Reply
Loading...
Constellation

Re: Easy Accidental Turn On

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for this post.  I thought I was the only person with this issue.  What a piece of garbage this range is.  We have taken off the knobs completely as we have a three year old and one year old who are very curious. I'm surprised at how the slightest touch can turn the range on.  And as someone else pointed out, the child lock is useless as it doesn't control the burner section.  The range also scratches way too easily, and this is coming from someone who tries to be extra careful.  I have completely lost faith in Samsung products after this experience.  

Reply
Loading...
Constellation

Re: Easy Accidental Turn On

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This happened to us three times. Our child brushes up against the knob and doesn't realize it just turned on. Today there was a pen and paper on the burner which caught fire.  The knobs are a dangerous design and will kill someone if Samsung does nothing. 

Reply
Loading...
Supernova

Re: Easy Accidental Turn On

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, I would be happy to look into this for you. Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and the serial number of the unit.

Reply
Loading...
Cosmic Ray

Re: Easy Accidental Turn On

JUMP TO SOLUTION

They respond to you but let me tell you what they will do. Nothing! If you’ve had damage they may look into a claim. They told me the knobs were designed to turn easy, that is that. Period. Please do yourself a favor, look into safety knobs, or there is also a grommet fix that seems to be working and only cost 4 bucks to do it. Your family’s safety depends on it. There are many complaints on this forum and they are not being addressed. I find it unbelievable SAMSUNG will not come up with a solution to this.

Howard / Former Samsung customer.

Reply
Loading...
Astronaut

Re: Easy Accidental Turn On

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Happy Easter! We almost burned our house down today because somebody bumped those knobs. Happens literally every holiday. I guess they think you can just not cook and remove the knobs for holiday parties. I thought we were the only ones! I've gently grazed them getting into the cabinets and turned them in myself. I've never seen such a thing. I'd hate to sue for damages over this

 

Reply
Loading...
Cosmic Ray

Re: Easy Accidental Turn On

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Welcome to the club. They will probably reach out to you like they are concerned and turn it over to a special team that will tell you the knobs are designed to turn easy. It’s a waste of your time unless you have damages. This company should be ashamed to operate like this. That being said, the safety of you or your family is #1. Check into safety profucts for the knobs or look at earlier posts in this forum that describe a fix with rubber grommets. I did this and it works, I really hate to recommend it, mostly because Samsung should step up and take care of this. The next choice and probably best is to get rid of the crappy oven, that’s what I’m trying to do. I’ve stated this before, I will never own another Samsung product. Good luck and please be safe.

Howard S.

Reply
Loading...
Constellation

Re: Easy Accidental Turn On

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I JUST found this thread! OMG! I was complaining back in 2015.

 

It would seem it's just a question of time before there's a Class Action Lawsuit. So many of us have come SO CLOSE to tragedy.

 

My situation: I have a galley kitchen I just remodeled and chose the Samsung Range. Smaller layout. I had washed my small dog in the kitchen sink. I accidenally left a soggy towel partially draped on the stovetop. I had bumped a knob with my hip and didn't know it.  I went to bed. The smoke detector went off. THANK GOD the towel was partially wet, because it was a very slow smouldering situation rather than full-on FLAMES. This faulty designed Samsung range threatened my home -- and life. I called Samsung. While I had a nice guy on the line, he had absolutely NOTHING to offer me. 

 

This dilemma is also keeping me from allowing friends/family to use my beach home without me being present.  I'm afraid they're going to burn the place down. 

Reply
Loading...