cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Easy Accidental Turn On

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Ugh. I didn’t cook the cornbread in a glass on top. I was trying to say I had a glass dish of cooked cornbread cooling on top of the range. But someone accidentally bumped into the burner and turned on a burner which heated the dish so hit that it exploded when my husband tried to move it off the burner.
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung has no interest in this problem. I came across this forum in March/2018. I had several close calls with these burners being bumped and turned on. Luckily for me nothing has caught on fire and we haven’t lost anything of value. We had a glass platter and a trivet get burnt. We had a dish towel get scorched too. Samsung got in touch with me. Their story is the knobs are designed to turn easy and that is that. 

Near the beginning of this thread you will see where a couple posters posted a sort of home made fix with rubber grommets you can buy at Home Depot. I hate recommending this but it works. I have not had one accidental turn on. Please do yourself a favor if you are keeping this stove and put these grommets on behind the knobs. It will be a big load off your mind. It makes it harder to turn the knobs. It’s no inconvenience to me and it’s much safer.

This cost me about 4 bucks to do. It’s a shame this company won’t stand up and do the right thing. It’s a shame this company wouldn’t offer 4 bucks to help keep my house from burning down. Be safe and Happy New Years!

Howard

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Agree - please invest in these grommets. I'm happy to post particulars again if you can't find the info in these threads.

These have saved our house from burning down!

I will add this - over time you will need to replace the grommets as they will wear down from use so be sure to keep a couple extra handy in a kitchen drawer by the stove.

Samsung will not do anything about this as their representative says " the oven is performing to specifications." Very disappointing but I promise you will feel much safer using the grommet solution!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What kind of grommets? Searching for a solution. Our DOG accidentally turned the stove on and my husbands keys and a bag caught on fire!! Thank god he came back in the house in time! Crazy Samsung makes such a dangerous product! @HowardS 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The solution is for you to take responsibility for your poor quality and design by repairing these defective controllers that cost you less than $ 5 Your cost.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I totally agree with you! I actually had a paper bag catch on fire because the burner turned on sooooo easily!!! The burner turning on accidentally had happened to me before,  so, I knew about it and the rule was, don't put anything on top of the stove. Well, I came home with groceries and was putting them away, in a but of a hurry, as a lot of us get....well I emptied the paper bag and set it on top of the stove and I turned to the sink( for some reason) and when I turned back, the bag was on fire! I grabbed the first thing I thought of, which was my kitchen sink faucet hose sprayer and luckily it was close enough and I just started spraying it with water until I could grab the bag and throw it in the sink! It totally freaked me out,  and what a mess!!! 

I was planning on calling Appliance Discounters,  where we purchased the stove, a little over 1 yr. ago, but Googled it and found this website.  I now will try the " fix" that someone posted. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have the same problem. We contacted Samsung and they suggested turning on the child lock feature. Even with it activated the stove top can still be turned on. It only locks the oven and oven touch screen controls. They are sending a technician out to see about replacing the knobs and knob stems to see if that helps. We shall see....

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
AND?
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The child lock did not fix the problem, still came on accidentally 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried the control lock but it only locked the oven door not the cooktop.